Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
I have watched the first 3 episodes of season 8 and to be honest it’s the best season so far (for me then). This evening I will probably watch the rest.
The story, building up to episode 3, the characters, the way it’s filmed (especially episode 3)...WOW!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I have watched the first 3 episodes of season 8 and to be honest it’s the best season so far (for me then). This evening I will probably watch the rest.
The story, building up to episode 3, the characters, the way it’s filmed (especially episode 3)...WOW!
Do you noticed Jon just stood in front of the ice dragon. He just yelled at it. I guess he's trying to scare it away like a crow.
Or he's just committing suicide.

the problem is the rushing and the gaps ...you will know what we mean soon.

I can understand that, I've got friends that refused to ever watch it because they continued to kill off compelling characters quite often. A lot of the older generation didn't watch it, while they did watch Mash, Cheers and Seinfeld. Most of my aunts, uncles even my mother and father never cared to watch it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I can understand that, I've got friends that refused to ever watch it because they continued to kill off compelling characters quite often. A lot of the older generation didn't watch it, while they did watch Mash, Cheers and Seinfeld. Most of my aunts, uncles even my mother and father never cared to watch it.
I was initially quite shocked it was so low, but after giving it some thought, it made sense. TV was the main form of entertainment back in the 80s-90s, and there wasn't hundreds of shows to choose from back then either, so there's no real surprise viewing figures were higher. Whereas nowadays we're spoilt for choice when it comes to entertainment devices and TV shows... plus people can obviously now just watch a show whenever they please thanks to recording/downloading, so there's no need to watch it as soon as it airs, unlike with MASH etc.

I was initially quite shocked it was so low, but after giving it some thought, it made sense. TV was the main form of entertainment back in the 80s-90s, and there wasn't hundreds of shows to choose from back then either, so there's no real surprise viewing figures were higher. Whereas nowadays we're spoilt for choice when it comes to entertainment devices and TV shows... plus people can obviously now just watch a show whenever they please thanks to recording/downloading, so there's no need to watch it as soon as it airs, unlike with MASH etc.
I think I've seen Mash, Cheers and Seinfeld 5x over, they were my all-time favorites.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I think I've seen Mash, Cheers and Seinfeld 5x over, they were my all-time favorites.
I've not seen a single episode of any of them. :bag:

In fact, the only show on the list I have seen is Friends lol.
GoT still did pretty good for a not so family friendly tv show. In this day and age.

Do you noticed Jon just stood in front of the ice dragon. He just yelled at it. I guess he's trying to scare it away like a crow.
Or he's just committing suicide.

He's distracing Viserion and yelling "Go, go, go" to Arya. Immediately after that, you see wind blow past the one White Walker and Arya jumps out of the darkness towards the Night King.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja and kaw
Meh, I never could get into Friends. Although Jennifer Aniston...WOOF!
I'd always catch random episodes repeated on TV, but only recently sat down and watched it all in order... it honestly wasn't as funny as I remember, although maybe that was just because I'd already heard/seen the jokes many times before.

He's distracing Viserion and yelling "Go, go, go" to Arya. Immediately after that, you see wind blow past the one White Walker and Arya jumps out of the darkness towards the Night King.
Was he yelling that? That must've totally passed me by... I didn't think he was even aware of what Arya was up to and had instead just accepted his end, but then obviously got lucky lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
It's a good fan theory. But with that speed and sneakiness. I don't think the ice dragon would notice Arya. And I'm pretty sure John wouldn't notice her either especially in the dark. Cause she sneaked behind John a couple of times on the day time. I mean she passed a wall of whites and white walkers with just a breeze. Before a white walker can turn his head. She's that fast I don't think it would matter if the ice dragon sees her. Unless D&D has another twist that they forgot to let the audience know cause they're too busy writing Star Wars.

Last edited: