Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
Nah. It’s done now. I’m never going back to Westeros
I’m happy with some outcomes but yeah it was all so rushed but I was in denial until that episode. I thought, nah, they will bring it back but nope. And I have honestly defended this series to everyone I know hating on it. But I’ve joined them now
Welp, one thing's for sure... it's the first time I've seen a TV show being discussed this much by so many people all over the world, whether they loved it or not. And it's been absolutely gripping from start to finish, I'll give it that!

This kinda reminds me of the finale of LOST, a lot of people watched it to see how it will end and ...well there were a lot of disapointed people.

The ending was rushed, just like the entire season 8. The writers havent a clue on how they should have ended it, instead they took someones bad fan fiction and made it the finale...

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just finished watching it and just gutted it's all over now tbh, GOT for me has been the best thing ever made (TV or Film) so for it now to be over is just really sucks :(

As for the ending well yeah underwhelming but I think that would have been the case whatever they did. I guess I would have preferred Dany not to go Mad Queen and her and Jon to live happily ever after on the Iron Throne but then that ending would have had plenty of resistance as well so it is what it is

The ending was rather underwhelming but personally my interest had waned since the focus shifted to battling the dead in whatever season that first started, so I'm about as whelmed as I have been since then. Not to take anything away from the excellent cast, who all deserve awards etc.

I think the main problem with this season was it was too compressed. It probably needed to be 2 seasons or roughly 15-20 hours to tell it properly. I don't feel that what happened was bad, but we lacked the character nuance get us to the point where those things were satisfied. In an earlier season, the seen where
Bran is made king
would have taken at least a full 1 hour episode. OTOH, a lot of the complaints I see about how it should have ended I don't care about. Indeed I like way
John Snow heads off beyond the wall (though I'm surprised that the wall is still there, since I'd swear they blew it apart at the end of S7

I hope they release a complete series 4k on steelbook package. I think it'll look better in UHD (especially this last season).

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Guys... Bran don't see the future !!!! He can only see the past but NOT THE FUTURE... so he could not know what Dany was about to do...

@Steely-Booked The night king blew the east side of the wall, near the end of the wall, close to the sea.. so Castleblack remains untouched

Of course he can see the future. He knew Arya would kill the night king and end that war in that spot. He gave her the dagger there for that exact reason. He new Theon would go as far as he did to save him. Otherwise he wouldn’t of said all that creepy sh*t like “your where you need to be” to pretty much everyone and when he said stuff to Jamie along the lines of it was all for a reason or whatever it was etc etc

My only positives for this season is the acting, visuals and cinematography. That was all incredible

My main issue is so much of the bigger plots and regarding certain characters was just ignored lol. Strange

Best part of GoT - Westworld III trailer
Worst part of GoT - Westworld III coming out 2020

when does the tag change to off air :(

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Guys... Bran don't see the future !!!! He can only see the past but NOT THE FUTURE... so he could not know what Dany was about to do...

@Steely-Booked The night king blew the east side of the wall, near the end of the wall, close to the sea.. so Castleblack remains untouched
D & D made us believed that Bran can only see the past. Then the twist. Bran can see the future.

Tyrion: But I ask you now, if we choose you... will you wear the crown?
Will you lead the Seven Kingdoms to the best of your abilities?
From this day until your last day?

Bran: Why do you think I came all this way?

And this scene.

Jon: I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me.

Bran: You were exactly where you were supposed to be.

Well at least this crappy season has made a lot of very funny memes, probably one of the few positives
I particularly liked these two.

60627420_10156511889581243_123935430264487936_n.jpg 60351898_10157250048696948_5902108100696997888_o.jpg

My brother pointed out that they had to destroy the throne as it would be awkward as hell getting Bran in and out of his chair to sit on it... lol

I liked the whole season, just needed one or two more episodes as it seems dialogue was on the back burner throughout