Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 14, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £35.99

6.jpg

Because for season 6 the steelbook was cheaper than the regular version.

That's a fair point , have to bear in mind that most people would have bought their thrones blu rays before these steelbooks were released. Unfortunate that they've now caught up and I can see why season 6 is attracting a higher price as it's just been released .

Again doesn't make sense. You either collect the regular version or the steelbook but I doubt many people are going to pick up a one off steelbook when there is 5 others to get.

Again doesn't make sense. You either collect the regular version or the steelbook but I doubt many people are going to pick up a one off steelbook when there is 5 others to get.

But it makes sense if you just want the season 6 and the steelbook happens to be cheaper than the regular blu Ray which apparently it was .Obsessive collectors are in the minority , that's why we pay these ridiculous prices. I hope it reduces in price but I wouldn't be so sure it will happen anytime soon

• Thanks
Reactions: MrBMT
Well I'll just have to purchase the steel from another territory after the Xmas hols. Simply not prepared to spend silly money to complete my collection.

You look at it as a collector. But collectors are a very small (tiny) percentage of the buyers market for blu-rays, let alone Game of Thrones. The vast majority of consumers just decide they want the latest season on blu-ray and buy the cheapest option. No more to it.

• Thanks
Reactions: MrBMT
They will keep cranking this out as long as people keep buying it.

A SteelBook adds maybe a $2.00 premium to the cost. I'm not counting the magnet, but they can sell this for a lot more than that with all the discs they have.

i got my copy today, i was so worried since my season 5 and 6 where sent at the same time and i got season 5 more than a week ago, i got so relieved when i saw it at my box this morning! fewww! lol. so happy i got the whole set, they look so awesome together.........

Although this is far from ideal, those wanting a copy could purchase instore at HMV and hope that Amazon UK come up with stock in the next month. As it is the only season released on time with the normal release, there will definitely be less of these than any of the other seasons. I have invested in 1-4 already, skipped 5 due to ease of availability but have picked up instore in HMV.

I have season 1-4 on their way from Amazon and am now worried I cannot complete the set. Is it safe to assume the Best Buy (US) season 6 Steelbook is identical to the UK version with the exception of the discs?

Although this is far from ideal, those wanting a copy could purchase instore at HMV and hope that Amazon UK come up with stock in the next month. As it is the only season released on time with the normal release, there will definitely be less of these than any of the other seasons. I have invested in 1-4 already, skipped 5 due to ease of availability but have picked up instore in HMV.

You managed to get it from HMV?? Which HMV may I ask? And for how much money?

I got it from HMV in Glasgow for 39.99. There was no placemarker for it n the shelf but there was one for S5 so I asked and they had it.

Was just about to post it but it seems to have gone again

The stock was expected for the 14th but like I've said a few times I think it will still come back as it did tonight

The box set for this is actually quite nice. It's got a nice lenticular on the front.

Was hoping for a lightening deal for this after Christmas :cautious: