Gemini Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 17, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order will be live on October 11 around 9 AM UK time)
Price: £29.99

12320637-2244731330867948.jpg
12320637-1644711579462236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered despite the negative reviews.
I heard its ok film with a poor script possibly due to rewrites over the last 20 years.
But the action is fantastic and is reminiscent of 90's jerry bruckheimer films.
That + Will Smith to me is worth a watch.
I mean if it is anything like the trailers which everyone hated strangely.
Then I'll like it, because the trailer actually got me excited for a Will Smith film again because it reminded me of his earlier stuff.
And on top of that.
screenshot_20191012-0p4ke1.png

Yeah I don't trust critics, at all.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered despite the negative reviews.
I heard its ok film with a poor script possibly due to rewrites over the last 20 years.
But the action is fantastic and is reminiscent of 90's jerry bruckheimer films.
That + Will Smith to me is worth a watch.
I mean if it is anything like the trailers which everyone hated strangely.
Then I'll like it, because the trailer actually got me excited for a Will Smith film again because it reminded me of his earlier stuff.
And on top of that.
screenshot_20191012-0p4ke1.png

Yeah I don't trust critics, at all.
I’m my own critic so I don’t listen to what other critics have to say. The audience score will give you a more accurate prediction of how good or bad a movie is because it’s a mass group of people instead of just one person.

Reactions: Noodles
Just got back from watching it. Very mediocre film, probably rate it 5/10. Some decent action at times but the majority of it is boring. I watched it in high frame rate 3D, which just reminded me straight away of the Hobbit movies. Soap opera effect kind of kills it a bit.
Also, the things they can do with CGI these days. Young Will Smith looks amazing for 95% of the movie, just looks a bit crap in the scene at the end of the movie. Would be interesting to see if a different company did the CGI for that or if it was an earlier produced scene, idk. The bike scene was probably the best bit
Did you watch it in the way the director intended for it to be seen?
"Gemini Man uses a whopping 120 frames-per-second 4K 3D to make Smith and his clone nearly jump off the screen and into the audience's face."

I’m my own critic so I don’t listen to what other critics have to say. The audience score will give you a more accurate prediction of how good or bad a movie is because it’s a mass group of people instead of just one person.

I don't tend to take any notice of reviews (if it's a film I like the look of, I'll go and see it - helps when you have an unlimited card as well!); the point proven by Dunkirk, Ad Astra and Joker - all highly rated, that I thought were ok films, but IMO not as good as the reviews suggested

Reactions: Lone Crusader
"Gemini Man uses a whopping 120 frames-per-second 4K 3D to make Smith and his clone nearly jump off the screen and into the audience's face."
Yep, as I say HFR 3D, I didn't like it. Strange experience

Italy artwork revealed . . . back looking great and front has something going for it too ...
1572870716122.png

1572869356519.png

... especially the way they've gone with the picture-within-a-picture style of
1572869769151.png
and
1572869994758.png

1572869326047.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there even home sets that can do 4K at 120hz plus 3D on top of that?
I'm not a 3D guy but I thought all you 3D kids had seperate 3D sets because thet didn't have any 4K ones that did 3D guess I was mistaken.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Are there even home sets that can do 4K at 120hz plus 3D on top of that?
I'm not a 3D guy but I thought all you 3D kids had seperate 3D sets because thet didn't have any 4K ones that did 3D guess I was mistaken.
Exactly. No new 4k sets over the past 3 or 4 years have 3D option included......

If that was the directors intention, then this film was doomed from the start!

Maybe all that will change when Camerons new Avatars come along.....?

Exactly. No new 4k sets over the past 3 or 4 years have 3D option included......

If that was the directors intention, then this film was doomed from the start!

Maybe all that will change when Camerons new Avatars come along.....?
Cameron’s Avatar’s won’t be prolonging 4K’s existence. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something completely new as we are looking at 2.5 years before a home release. At the very least it would be 8K.

Cameron’s Avatar’s won’t be prolonging 4K’s existence. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something completely new as we are looking at 2.5 years before a home release. At the very least it would be 8K.
Yep, very possible. We'll have to wait and see.