Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing it, thought it was great, definatley has the same feel as the anime. Was a bit overloaded with city scape effects which I thought wasn't necessary, but I liked the story and actors. Hopefully it will do well enough for a sequel !
awesome :)

but apparently its panned in the US so its not done very well :(

Gutted. Would have loved more GitS steelbooks (unless we get the other anime movies in steel, which is unlikley)

awesome :)

but apparently its panned in the US so its not done very well :(

Gutted. Would have loved more GitS steelbooks (unless we get the other anime movies in steel, which is unlikley)

Yea but I don't think it is down to being a bad movie, just parents taking kids to see boss baby over the weekend instead of the men sneaking out to see what they really want LOL

I saw the movie yesterday. It was ok, it could have been better, they made some choices that I thought did not work but that was expected from a Hollywood Blockbuster. It could have been much worse. Overall 8/10, which is a good vote I guess. As a GitS Anime Fan since 1996 it sure was hard to live up to the vision I had for a live action Film. A little sad about the disappointing opening weekend, they should have made it R rated, the concept of GitS is made for that.

That is one thing I will miss is Plasma(...maybe I can sneak out of my friend's house his TV :joy::hilarious: !!! But I would be ok with OLED + 3D :thumbs:

Just perfect example I have... I watched 2 weeks ago the Blu-ray of PASSENGERS and Tonight I am watching the 3D Version... so I get 2 different experience for the same movie :wacky: ...I can't wait to start it as when I was watching the blu-ray, I was like ''oh that would be cool in 3D''... can't wait :smuggrin: ..
.the Pool scene in 0Gravity in 3D must be very cool
LG OLED will give you the deep blacks you are used to with Plasma.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Let's hope so.
Maybe we'll see a spike during the 2nd weekend

Very doubtful. Bad word of mouth and middling reviews means that this movie needs a huge international return to make a profit.

The horrendous return for the first weekend in the US was expected, and box office return almost always drops significantly on the second weekend. The movie copied the world from the anime movie/series and removed all the Japanese people and the spirit of the anime. I wish they had a director like David Fincher direct; someone who would have done the movie justice.

Very doubtful. Bad word of mouth and middling reviews means that this movie needs a huge international return to make a profit.

The horrendous return for the first weekend in the US was expected, and box office return almost always drops significantly on the second weekend. The movie copied the world from the anime movie/series and removed all the Japanese people and the spirit of the anime. I wish they had a director like David Fincher direct; someone who would have done the movie justice.
the only bad reviews are from critics - at least over here in UK.

shame, as its not a bad movie and I was hoping we'd get a trilogy out of it

Reactions: Bunk
the only bad reviews are from critics - at least over here in UK.

shame, as its not a bad movie and I was hoping we'd get a trilogy out of it

Lol because hardly anyone watched it. I found the movie highly racist as it went above and beyond the whole whitewashing fiasco but the movie would never have been able to live up to the source material anyways, not without a better director.

The original director has no problem, and sees no "whitewashing". The SJW crowd needs to get a life.

The director of the original Ghost in the Shell, Mamoru Oshii, has weighed in on the whitewashing controversy surrounding the remake, saying that there is no basis for the criticism leveled at the decision to cast Scarlett Johansson in the lead role rather than an Asian actor.

Speaking to IGN, Oshii said that because the main protagonist – Major Motoko Kusanagi – is a cyborg, the question of race and whitewashing is a moot point. “What issue could there possibly be with casting her?” Oshii said. “The major is a cyborg and her physical form is an entirely assumed one.”

“The name ‘Motoko Kusanagi’ and her current body are not her original name and body, so there is no basis for saying that an Asian actress must portray her. Even if her original body (presuming such a thing existed) were a Japanese one, that would still apply.”

Oshii added that he thought Johansson was the best possible person to play Kusanagi in the Rupert Sanders-helmed remake, which is out next weekend in the US. He also argued that actors of different backgrounds from the characters they are portraying is part and parcel of the film-making world.

“In the movies, John Wayne can play Genghis Khan, and Omar Sharif, an Arab, can play Doctor Zhivago, a Slav. It’s all just cinematic conventions,” he explained.

“If that’s not allowed, then Darth Vader probably shouldn’t speak English, either. I believe having Scarlett play Motoko was the best possible casting for this movie. I can only sense a political motive from the people opposing it, and I believe artistic expression must be free from politics.”

Lol because hardly anyone watched it. I found the movie highly racist as it went above and beyond the whole whitewashing fiasco but the movie would never have been able to live up to the source material anyways, not without a better director.
racist how?