Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 30th, 2016
Purchase link: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (live)
Price: £14.99

11243881-1114363308783792.jpg

11243881-1184363309266936.jpg

11243881-7414363309075245.jpg

Last edited:
Such an offensively awful movie, I'd have a hard time justifying to myself buying it for £4.99.

One of those rare occasions that I felt aggrieved that I had wasted 90 minutes of my life that I would never get back.

Reactions: dLux

Lol as if a 1000 people are going to pre order this for a key ring lol

Last edited:
Seriously why are people talking like the key chain is the selling point lol and not the steel. I know it's a bad film but come on

It's the same keyring they gave away in a Zbox and with the first ghost rider steel for a quite a while so if anyone already owns that your wasting your time

Lol too funny

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Ghost Rider keyring - hopefully the pewter one - although that one is released on the 30th May and this steelbook is reportedly released on the 23rd May so we'll have to see what happens there.
Individually numbered (like DREDD) 1-1,000 would be a nice touch and dispatched separately (like DREDD) due to its size - 10cm long x 3.5 cm wide "Official Marvel Comics Merchandise" with a GBP 6.99 price tag.

marvel_pewter_key_ring_ghost_rider_xl.jpg

The cheap-looking (rubber?) GR ZBOX keyring is listed as a Zavvi Exclusive and was also available individually for GBP 1.99 (I believe) although it's now showing "Sold out" on Zavvi's site with GBP 5.99 the last price quoted.
No mention of "Zavvi Exclusive" with this freebie . . .

Another clever steelbook design with the title disguised as part of the artwork (THE MIST) :thumbs: and could be a totally original and unique design created just for this steelbook - in other words, can't spot poster artwork quite like this and further research is needed to track down the artist / design house responsible.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Another clever steelbook design with the title disguised as part of the artwork

Personally that's exactly what I hate about it. Far too gimmicky and pretentious, I'd much rather have the official title overlaying the art rather than trying to find a clever way of incorporating the title into the art. They do it on every single one of these "arty" designs and it's getting very old...

It's a shame as the art at least suits the film this time.

Personally that's exactly what I hate about it. Far too gimmicky and pretentious, I'd much rather have the official title overlaying the art rather than trying to find a clever way of incorporating the title into the art. They do it on every single one of these "arty" designs and it's getting very old...

It's a shame as the art at least suits the film this time.
Yes, I take your point BUT I feel that these original designs require something a bit original/different for the title treatment and that the title on this one (and on THE MIST and BRONSON) is just fine but hey-ho each to his/her own.

Reactions: ChrisIW
Ghost Rider keyring - hopefully the pewter one - although that one is released on the 30th May and this steelbook is reportedly released on the 23rd May so we'll have to see what happens there.
Individually numbered (like DREDD) 1-1,000 would be a nice touch and dispatched separately (like DREDD) due to its size - 10cm long x 3.5 cm wide "Official Marvel Comics Merchandise" with a GBP 6.99 price tag.

marvel_pewter_key_ring_ghost_rider_xl.jpg

The cheap-looking (rubber?) GR ZBOX keyring is listed as a Zavvi Exclusive and was also available individually for GBP 1.99 (I believe) although it's now showing "Sold out" on Zavvi's site with GBP 5.99 the last price quoted.
No mention of "Zavvi Exclusive" with this freebie . . .

Another clever steelbook design with the title disguised as part of the artwork (THE MIST) :thumbs: and could be a totally original and unique design created just for this steelbook - in other words, can't spot poster artwork quite like this and further research is needed to track down the artist / design house responsible.

I'm pretty sure eonedirect confirmed who the artist was for all 4 designs and I'm not sure where you found that metal ghostrider keyring. Only one on zavvi is sold out and don't match up with any of the prices you mention. It's £7.99 but that's the only one I can find

^
11131273-1314319399857407.jpg

View large image

Ghost Rider - Zavvi Exclusive Keyring
£5.99

FREE UK Delivery on all orders

Sold Out

Availability: Sold out

However, 2 - 3 quid seems to be the going rate on the secondary market for this piece of tat which is evidently not in the same league as the DREDD freebie (which my son is still using every day for his front door key) and sincerely hope it's a different keyring with this steelbook and one with some substance and style . . .

Come on, Zavvi, SHOW US the GHOST RIDER KEYRING you are including here with this steelbook for the first 1,000 customers as a "Free Gift" . . . Please, don't tease . . .
Colour me surprised if you intend to pass off the cheap 2 quid rubber jobbie as something worth GBP 7.99 and, yes, I know, you have a habit of moving your prices around even on "Sold out" items but, still, that keyring WAS priced @GBP 1.99 originally . . . AND this item was available last November for 0.49p ! Strewth !
Fingers crossed that when the picture is revealed it will be something decent and worth using/keeping and maybe a pleasant surprise - maybe something like the metal keyring above available for pre-order elsewhere and priced @GBP 6.99.
That would certainly add some gloss to this purchase which the steelbook itself allegedly doesn't have.

EDIT 30/3/16: No mention of the "Limited to the first 1,000 customers" KEYRING in the listing any more . . .
Are we to believe that 1,000 people have pre-ordered this in three days ? ?? WOW!

Last edited:
^
11131273-1314319399857407.jpg

View large image

Ghost Rider - Zavvi Exclusive Keyring
£5.99

FREE UK Delivery on all orders

Sold Out

Availability: Sold out

However, 2 - 3 quid seems to be the going rate on the secondary market for this piece of tat which is evidently not in the same league as the DREDD freebie (which my son is still using every day for his front door key) and sincerely hope it's a different keyring with this steelbook and one with some substance and style . . .

I'm pretty sure it's that rubber one that will come with this

My point was with the prices that don't match up is the rubber keyring does not come up in their search anymore. Only through Google. You have to search "ghost rider keyring zavvi" and it's the top search. But if it don't come up in their actual search then it means the listing is usually deleted but if you type "ghost rider" in the zavvi search bar then you get a seperate listing for another key ring that's sold out, no picture and is priced £7.99

The metal one you posted don't show up on the site

Didn't notice this before (and in the Bronson and Amelie listings) about the finish and sounds like they could all be very nice in the flesh.
Nice new touch to have some details about the finish of the product in the listings too :thumbs: :-
GHOSTRIDER: "A stunning matt steelbook with an eye-catching GOLD AND ORANGE GLOSS FINISH along the wheels of the bike, the skull and the chain" (LIMITED TO ?)
BRONSON: "This dramatic artwork perfectly embodies the harshness of the film with a dark matt surface and a RED GLOSS FINISH to highlight the features along the right (sic) side of Bronson's face" (LIMITED TO ?)
AMELIE: "A fun vibrant steelbook with a lovely smooth finish, a mix of both matt and gloss to make this artwork come to life. The puddles on the ground are finished in a charming gloss to reflect the café" (LIMITED TO 2,000)
THE MIST: reportedly matte finish like the others though no mention in the listing of any other finishing touches so I guess there aren't any . . . and the matte (zero?) varnish finish is all we can hope for with this one (LIMITED TO 2,000)

(DEADPOOL: "Deboss on front & back and spot gloss")

Wondering if all are limited to 2,000 and not just AMELIE and THE MIST . . .

Anyway, tempted to get these 3 or 4 because they do sound interesting . . . though will probably hold out for the "Only 200 remaining" messages from Z.