Ghostbusters (1984) (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 15, 2020
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order live on May 16, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, general sale around 6 PM)
Price: £24.99 (4K) - £17.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K edition does not include a Blu-ray Disc

12578224-4234768163832588.jpg 12578223-2044768163576763-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stygian and DMD4k
Sony and Zavvi it would have been better if they went with just one steelbook each both including 4K+2D discs if they had to use same previous artwork.

IMO Sony should of done one steelbook with both films (4 Discs) with brand new artwork

Reactions: Flloydo
Anybody know what this is supposed to be then? It says Release Date: 08 February 2021 :LOL:

The classic supernatural comedies that defined a generation: GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II,
together in a limited edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook® - 5 Discs.
This seems to be one SteelBook with both movies.

I just wanted to copy this post from @Mr Y Fronts

If you are referring to the Zavvi exclusive, I believe its a collectors set of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and here is the link - Ghostbusters I (1984) & II (1989) - 4K Ultra HD (Includes 2D Blu-ray)

It's not live yet and the listing isn't complete (it may not even be the correct one), as the title doesn't say Steelbook, but Steelbook is in the listing description, but price is £49.99, which is outrageous, hopefully it will drop before going live, whenever that will be...

Anybody know what this is supposed to be then? It says Release Date: 08 February 2021 :LOL:

The classic supernatural comedies that defined a generation: GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II,

If you are referring to the Zavvi exclusive, I believe its a collectors set of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and here is the link - Ghostbusters I (1984) & II (1989) - 4K Ultra HD (Includes 2D Blu-ray)

It's not live yet and the listing isn't complete (it may not even be the correct one), as the title doesn't say Steelbook, but Steelbook is in the listing description, but price is £49.99, which is outrageous, hopefully it will drop before going live, whenever that will be...
Unless this has new, amazing artwork, I'm sticking to the previous 5 disc steelbook for now.

Hopefully there will be consistent disc art on this release..some markets received Mumford art on the discs whilst others got the existing disc with GB logo..

Even though I'm a big fan of the original Pop Art pair bit surprised that they're using the same art again and not giving us something new for the 4K . . . without checking thinking that 4K steels are usually different to previous without 4K.

Not my pics . . . quick look at these two beauties together:-
Ghostbusters-steelbook-1-768x423.jpg

Ghostbusters-steelbook-2-768x464.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghostbusters-II-steelbook-1-768x455.jpg

Ghostbusters-II-steelbook-2-768x434.jpg

Pre order live for Red Carpet subscribers

Those who don't have red carpet subscription will be live to pre order around 6PM likely be 20 to 40 min before this

Going to pass on this. I have the original steelbooks, so if I ever got round to getting the 4k, I'll buy them a lot cheaper than this and slip them in the old cases. I was looking at some reviews and this has not got a good one for the 4k transfer, so plenty of other things to spend my hard earned cash on I think!

Reactions: jasong

2021 release It's also on Amazon UK to pre order
It's not listed as a exclusive on Zavvi website

It could be another steelbook release or an amaray box set released planned for 2021
That release is listed as 5 discs with new extras content
I would not go by the description at the moment as I expect Zavvi just copied Amazon UK details and might be wrong

Reactions: Stygian
As nice as the artwork is, I have the original versions with the "no ghosts" symbols. The only way I'd upgrade to new ones would be if they put the teaser poster artworks:
GB1 - They're here to save the world. With the 3 Gb's under with their wands.
GB2 - The theatrical poster with Egon knelt, Ray and Winston with slimeblowers and Peter behind.