Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11274760-8094384792016061.jpg

11274760-1274384792035765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a border in the mock up so maybe embossing? Probably the toilet, the title is too high

I have no real need for this but I think i would pick it up when it's bargain bucket cheaper. It will just always be a weird memory of my dad to be honest lol
(That sounds so much stranger that it's meant to ha)
:rofl: I know what you mean though! This is a Betamax through back release. Not seen this for 30 years and I've a feeling it won't stand the test of time. Gonna be a sub £10 purchase for me.

Reactions: Flloydo
This is cool, but the ghoulie on the original poster (or at least Japanese laserdisc) is waaaay cooler!!!
image.jpeg

He's wearing a little t-shirt!! :happy:

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
Love seeing eighties classics like this. Really hoping to see steels of Weird Science, Waxwork, April Fool's Day, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Garbage Pail Kids the movie and The Gate

Reactions: digitalbabe
Will wait for in-hand pics and price adjustment to no more than GBP 19.99 before I even consider this 2 film collection.

EDIT 4.40PM: UPDATED PRICE AT ZAVVI OF GBP 17.99 which is just about the right price for this 2 film collection at pre-order and better than the individual Amarays priced @GBP 8.99 each (HMV & Amazon) :thumbs:
'Bossing ? I'd be surprised if there is any.
Gloss finish ? I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Couple of bits of Trivia:-
1) The ghoulie coming out of the toilet in the trailer prompted a mass of hate mail to the producers from parents for making their children afraid to go to the toilet - wonder if Mr. Hitchcock had the same problem from people afraid to use the shower after PSYCHO or Mr. Spielberg from people afraid to swim in the sea after JAWS or likewise the producers of those PIRANHA films . . . lol.
2) Originally planned in 3D with the idea that the film would switch to 3D when the characters put sunglasses on and the audience would put on their 3D glasses and that is why there are so many scenes with characters wearing sunglasses.

Clearly aimed at teenagers and anybody older than that might prefer one or more of the far better horror films (IMO) from the same year such as:- CAT'S EYE, DAY OF THE DEAD, DEMONS, FRIGHT NIGHT, PHENOMENA, RE-ANIMATOR, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD or CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

Last edited:
Wtf!

Is this the one with the creepy things in the toilet?

I have f*cked up memories of this from a kid. My dad played it to me when I was about 6 and I've never seen it since but it stays in my memory. Don't some kids go to a house or something?
If it what I'm thinking of then i didn't know there was a second

Edit: just looked this up too and it is what I was thinking of lol

I also rememeber a film he played me with some girl that had some weird mirror in her room.

Oh and a film with a kid helping out some ghost. All I remember is the kids name was franky (I think)
Actually I can see the kid clearly in my head and I think he's the drug dealer in brick but grown up

I need to look up that one

Edit: it was him in it- the lady in white lol probably terrible but it freaked me out when i was a child

They messed me up when I was young lol

Could it be ghostchase :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00009KOYT/?tag=hidefnin-21

Reactions: Flloydo
Live to pre-order for anyone interested.

Price details at the top of the page will need to be changed to GBP 17.99.
FREE DELIVERY ON EVERYTHING

BLU-RAY DVD GAMING CLOTHING TECHNOLOGY MEMORABILIA STEELBOOKS
trans.gif

THE GHOULIES 1 & 2 STEELBOOK LAUNCH

The Ghoulies 1-2 - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

SHOP NOW
trans.gif

trans.gif

FRIDAY THE 13TH OFFERS NOW LIVE!

WATCH OUT!

It's Friday the 13th and we're celebrating at Zavvi with huge price drops across a wide range of frightful horror films, games & merchandise!

SHOP NOW
trans.gif

Last edited: