[GIVEAWAY OVER - WINNER CHOSEN] dan8885's It's a celebration - Giveaway (Slipcover, Prints, Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Some weeks ago I became Vinyl Contributor on HDN. It made me very proud and I felt honored to be such a part of HDN. I spend a lot of time on here, scrolling through the forums or chatting with people from all over the world. I found people who I would call friends today, I found tons of expensive collectibles I would've never known about without HDN and I found a place to chill after a ugly work day. I'm not a big fan of social media so HDN and Instagram are the only two institutions I'm at. And IG without a lot chattering and more because of HDN and collecting. So thank you HDN for giving me a place in 2016, in the Internet, where the time I spend of my short life time feel not wasted!

Now, I became Vinyl Moderator. And again I feel very humbled, honored and I'm proud as **** to help to keep this place as great as it is :emb:

It's a celebration! So I want to celebrate with all of you. And say: Thank you. Not only to the staff who voted for me but also to the whole HDN family who are the most important part to be on this forum!

Special shoutout to the HDN Vinyl Family: @Noodles @spass @Flloydo @Travis Bickle @Tacozilla @C2V3N @comICS-soon @Sigill @SteelbookGenius666 @AlienKing @moon @TobinFrost @oceanicon @martinouchou @digitalbabe @wongsifu @C.C. 95 and everyone who's chatting with us or just watching..

Thanks guys for charing your passion for vinyl in this section. It's a lot fun to chat with you guys there and I hope more ninjas will join us and discover the beautiful gatefolds and colored vinyls we love so much :notworthy::thumbs:

So enough talking. Giveaway time!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

There's prices from three of my favorite things to collect: Vinyl, Prints and Slipcover !!

Check them out in the spoiler:

This is the Vinyl Me, Please exclusive Artist of the Month June Release:

Wells Fargo - Watch Out! - sealed - first time on Vinyl! Comes with everything VMP adds to the Release.

- 180g, yellow + green tie dye vinyl
- Gatefold jacket
- 20-pg liner notes book
- 12” x 12” original
art print by Sanghon Kim

More Info HERE

vinyl.jpg
Choose ONE of the three Plain Archives Slipcovers. All three are Keep Cases. Sealed.
I gave you option of three so that might every ninja find one he may need/want.
If you have them already, maybe the low numbers of two of them are a reason to add them to your collection.

plain.jpg

plain2.jpg
Choose ONE

Either:

Mulholland Drive - by Grzegorz "Gabz" Domaradzki. Limited to 225. 24 x 36 inch.

mulholland.jpg

Tom Whalen - Bust'd 2 series by Gallery1988

Four Prints. 8 x 8 inch.

The Thing, Big Trouble in little China (Jack Burton) and Escape from New York comes as a 3-print Set.
Signed and hand-numbered on only one of them, limited to 50 sets.

Lo Pan. Limited to 75. Signed and hand-numbered.

carp.jpg

FACTS:

HOSTED & DONATED by dan8885

DURATION: ONE week from July 12 - 2016 A.D.

ELIGIBILITY: All registered members, regardless of post count

TERMS: One post/entry per person. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping - I'm in Germany.

TO ENTER:

1. What is your favorite Movie Soundtrack? And why?

2. Choose your Prize (for Slipcover and Prints please add which one of them)

3. There will be three winners. Winners will be chosen by random.org

Enjoy !!!!!

awesome giveaway!

1. Jaws. I have a weird obsession with sharks and its a movie about an unrealistically large male shark what's there not to love.
2. slipcover or 2 DYAS 1 NIGHT

thanks again!

Reactions: dan8885
Great GA, Dan. And I very much congratulate you to your mod position!
You earned it!!! :thumbs:
To your question:
1.) As you might guessed already. LOTR! There never was and never will be a better score. I listen to it almost every day and when Lightning of the Beacons play I always turn it up to max volume and start conducting an invisible orchestra. And I do this EVERY time no matter where I am at this moment. Lead to some funny scenes in the university lecture hall ;)

2.) As for the Slip: I would love Ida. And as a big Fan of Mullholland Drive I choose this print.

Thanks again. And all the best here on Hidefninja!

• Thanks
Reactions: Akina and dan8885
Awesome words Daniel! :)

As for favorite soundtrack, I have a handful I keep listening to again and again. They all represent a brilliant time in my youth, when I started to work/worked in a recordshop.

Natural Born Killers, Lost Highway, Menace II Society, Judgement Night, The Crow etc...

I think I'll go with The Crow. And for the record (pun intended :p ) that one really need a proper vinyl release. The only one out there is a unoficial/bootleg release which doesn't even have all the tracks on it.

Thanks for this brilliant giveaway! :notworthy:

I would like to win the Mulholland Drive print or the vinyl:)

Cheers

Awesome giveaway ! :) Thanks for the tag and congrats on your promotion !

1. I don't really know which soundtrack to pick.. But I guess the one soundtrack I could listen to all day would be Lost in Translation. Every song reminds me of that perfect movie and with every song I forget where I am and just enjoy the music :) I hope one day I'll finally find this soundtrack on vinyl (the official one) :rolleyes:

2. I already have the Kevin Tong poster for Mulholland Drive so I think I'm going to choose Ida :)

Thanks ! and good luck to everyone :)

Great giveaway @dan8885, thanks.

1. My favorite movie soundtrack is The Mission. I love Ennio Morricone music especially Gabriel's Oboe which features on the soundtrack.

2. The Lo Pan print would be great.

Thanks again for the giveaway

The Carpenter prints go as a set of 4 so you'll enter for all 4 ;) Good luck!

Thanks so much @dan8885 ! Very generous of you!
Boy, picking is like Sophie's choice....but my biggest influence (as former film composer myself) has to be that one score that adds so much to the film, that the film itself would not be what it is without it. And also a score so singular in the pantheon of scores, you can honestly say it is the only one of its kind. That would be:
1) BLADE RUNNER score by Vangelis Papathanissiou.
image.jpeg

A truly one-of-a-kind epic score that is a much a part of that movie as Harrison Ford's acting, Jordan Cronenweth's Cinematography, Doug Trumbull's Effects, Lawrence Paull's Production design or Ridley Scott's Direction. Vangelis is a visionary and paints with soundscapes.
2) I love the Gabz Mulholland Drive print!
Thanks so much Dan!:thumbs:

Last edited:
Great giveaway buddy.

1. I'm more a fan of film scores than soundtracks. Inception by the great Hans Zimmer is probably my favourite.

2. Could I be entered for the Ida & Two Days One Night Plain Archive slips and the Thing print?

Thanks again

Thank you very much for this @dan8885 ! You're so right !

1)The Dark Knight by Hans Zimmer ! CHILLS !!!
2)Don't know this band but... Wells Fargo - Watch Out! LP for me ! :LOL::drool: Looks beautiful and music seems really cool ! The 2 Days 1 Night slipcover looks great too but I made my choice :LOL:

Thank you again !

1 - My favorite soundtrack is the one from John Wick. This soundtrack pulls you in the movie even more ;)

2 - realy love the art of Tom Whalens - Bust'd 2 series by Gallery1988. So I'll be in for these :)

Thanx @dan8885

classy as always, thank you Dan

1. favorite soundtracks:
- Into the Wild because Eddie Vedder is my fav singer
- Grease, because I grew up on that soundtrack

2. I'm missing those Carpenter prints, sign me up for the set

;)

Thanks for the giveaway!
1) My favorite movie soundtrack is Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's a classic by John Williams and I could listen to it all day!
2) Would love the Mulholland Drive print!