[GIVEAWAY OVER - WINNER CHOSEN] dan8885's It's a celebration - Giveaway (Slipcover, Prints, Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Some weeks ago I became Vinyl Contributor on HDN. It made me very proud and I felt honored to be such a part of HDN. I spend a lot of time on here, scrolling through the forums or chatting with people from all over the world. I found people who I would call friends today, I found tons of expensive collectibles I would've never known about without HDN and I found a place to chill after a ugly work day. I'm not a big fan of social media so HDN and Instagram are the only two institutions I'm at. And IG without a lot chattering and more because of HDN and collecting. So thank you HDN for giving me a place in 2016, in the Internet, where the time I spend of my short life time feel not wasted!

Now, I became Vinyl Moderator. And again I feel very humbled, honored and I'm proud as **** to help to keep this place as great as it is :emb:

It's a celebration! So I want to celebrate with all of you. And say: Thank you. Not only to the staff who voted for me but also to the whole HDN family who are the most important part to be on this forum!

Special shoutout to the HDN Vinyl Family: @Noodles @spass @Flloydo @Travis Bickle @Tacozilla @C2V3N @comICS-soon @Sigill @SteelbookGenius666 @AlienKing @moon @TobinFrost @oceanicon @martinouchou @digitalbabe @wongsifu @C.C. 95 and everyone who's chatting with us or just watching..

Thanks guys for charing your passion for vinyl in this section. It's a lot fun to chat with you guys there and I hope more ninjas will join us and discover the beautiful gatefolds and colored vinyls we love so much :notworthy::thumbs:

So enough talking. Giveaway time!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

There's prices from three of my favorite things to collect: Vinyl, Prints and Slipcover !!

Check them out in the spoiler:

This is the Vinyl Me, Please exclusive Artist of the Month June Release:

Wells Fargo - Watch Out! - sealed - first time on Vinyl! Comes with everything VMP adds to the Release.

- 180g, yellow + green tie dye vinyl
- Gatefold jacket
- 20-pg liner notes book
- 12” x 12” original
art print by Sanghon Kim

More Info HERE

vinyl.jpg
Choose ONE of the three Plain Archives Slipcovers. All three are Keep Cases. Sealed.
I gave you option of three so that might every ninja find one he may need/want.
If you have them already, maybe the low numbers of two of them are a reason to add them to your collection.

plain.jpg

plain2.jpg
Choose ONE

Either:

Mulholland Drive - by Grzegorz "Gabz" Domaradzki. Limited to 225. 24 x 36 inch.

mulholland.jpg

Tom Whalen - Bust'd 2 series by Gallery1988

Four Prints. 8 x 8 inch.

The Thing, Big Trouble in little China (Jack Burton) and Escape from New York comes as a 3-print Set.
Signed and hand-numbered on only one of them, limited to 50 sets.

Lo Pan. Limited to 75. Signed and hand-numbered.

carp.jpg

FACTS:

HOSTED & DONATED by dan8885

DURATION: ONE week from July 12 - 2016 A.D.

ELIGIBILITY: All registered members, regardless of post count

TERMS: One post/entry per person. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping - I'm in Germany.

TO ENTER:

1. What is your favorite Movie Soundtrack? And why?

2. Choose your Prize (for Slipcover and Prints please add which one of them)

3. There will be three winners. Winners will be chosen by random.org

Enjoy !!!!!

@dan8885 you absolute legend,

What a lovely giveaway and thanks very much for the tag. Love talking to you about vinyl (sorry I haven't answered your last PM, been so busy but I will later)
Absolutely love talking about vinyl (steels, collectibles etc) with you lot and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't find out about over half the vinyl out there.
But also you, @Noodles, @spass, @Travis Bickle and the rest have also cost me a lot recently hahahahaha. Still, really I can only blame my weakness lol
And I look forward to the many years ahead with discussing and collecting along side you all.

Now I love music anyway and loads of film soundtracks and scores. When it comes to scores I love anything Spielberg does with his films alongside Williams, zimmer etc but my fav film scores would probably be Jurassic park and or Star Wars purely because they were the first film music I properly heard as a child and stuck. I'm also a big fan of reznor and rosses social network score. And more recently it follows and Birdman.
Also anything David lynch does and when he works with angelo badalamenti.
There's also a track I love in cabin fever when the minging scene happens in bed with a finger going somewhere - it follows score kinda reminds me of that track. It's possibly by badalamenti too (he did some for the film) or the other composer Eli uses

When it comes to soundtracks I love anything wes Anderson puts together becuase I think he picks the perfect music like Bowie, kinks, stones. Particularly in tenenbaums, Darjeeling and life aquatic.
Same with tatantino & the drive OST
Oh and the Romeo must die soundtrack lol

Your selection is awesome, loving the Kurt prints (particularly big trouble and the thing) and Lo pan

but my first choice I would absolutely love that Mullholland drive print. If we are allowed a second choice I'd also equally love that wells Fargo vinyl. Had a listen and they sound awesome plus the vinyl looks amazing.

Thanks Dan for the amazing giveaway

Last edited:
Congratulations on becoming a moderator, I could sincerely not imagine anyone more deserving to get this honour. When it comes to Vinyls, Prints and Steelbooks, one notices how much you care about the creative aspect behind them and their true value that does not lie within money but in its virtue and impact. Well deserved and thank you so much for this amazing give-away which just goes to show why you're a great addition to the community and our talks. To quote @bloodsnake007: Dan f**king ROCKS!!! (True.) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

As for the GA:

1. My favourite soundtrack is hard to pick. I think it's divided between John Williams' works for Star Wars and the LotR score. As LotR was already mentioned, I'm going with John Williams and Star Wars for this. The Rey theme this year is still one of my favourites ever. Tough match though. :drool:

2. I'd love to win the Ida Full Slip.

@dan8885, this is s great giveaway. Superb prices and a interesting, hard to answer, question.
But first of all, you're a great guy. One of the nicest people I have ever met. Enormous generous. Always straight forward. And the reason I lost a lot of money the last months :rofl:. You introduced me to plain archive, prints,... Glad I wasn't able to buy a vinyl player until now ;)
To the questions:
1. A lot of Williams soundtrack comes to mind. A lot of Elfmanns. Rocky. Back to the future. Dracula. Interview with the vampire. And most recently Penny Dreadful. If I must choose from these I would take Copollas Dracula over Rocky. But I choose the one I heard most over the years A Rocky Horror Picture Show.
2. Difficult as well to choose from. 2 days 1 night or a print? I will try my luck with the Tom Whalen series.

Thanks for all you do around here @dan8885 and congratulations once again on your new role. :thumbs:

Some amazing prizes you're giving away there... super kind of you dude! Not sure if staff are allowed to enter, but I'll join in the fun either way. :D

1. My favourite soundtrack has to be Drive (bet you didn't see that coming), because like the film itself, it's perfect. Plus it's just soooo effin' cool!

2. If possible, please count me in for Two Days One Night.

Thank you! :notworthy:

WOW! @dan8885 this is truly epic! I think it's HDN that's honored to have someone like you. Congrats! :thumbs: :notworthy:
Since you tagged me I'm compelled to enter :p

1) Drive! I got an eargasm listening to it. It's just so beautiful. And amazingly compliments the movie.
2) I'll choose Om Shanti Om slip from PA.

Thanks for the giveaway man. :)

@dan8885 thankyou for the tag it is always a pleasure talking to you on the forum re our love of Vinyl as much as i love my movies Music wins everytime. You are a true asset to HDN and deserve all the plaudits
My favourite Soundtrack is "Taxi Driver" by Bernard Herrmann
(My Favourite Movie) it's soundtrack is beautifully recorded and has an almost chill out feel to it the latest Waxwork Vinyl release with the stunning gatefold Cover artwork is the perfect soundtrack package for me and one of my most treasured Vinyls.
I always loved the Ennio Morricone Spaghetti westerns music as a kid and in recent years Tarantino especially Jackie Brown and i love all the Nicholas Winding Refn 'Bronson' 'Drive' 'Only God Forgives' & of course got it preordered 'The Neon Demon'
Wow some lovely prizes and by coincidence i already have a couple of the items but i would like to enter because with your permission if i win i would like to give my prize to another member of this forum who deserves all the praise for inspiring me with his love of film music. And also a guy on this forum who has great taste in music and is generally a cool dude
I am happy to pay the postage costs and obviously with your permission dan & if im not breaking any HDN rules
My 2. Choices would be
1. 'PA Two Days One Night' which if i win I would like to give to @Noodles Nick is a star and so kind and does so much for this Forum.
2. 'Mulholland Drive' print if i win i would like to give this to @Flloydo who shares my love of good music and is also a credit to this forum.
It is my way of showing i appreciate & respect the guys on this forum and am grateful for their input.
My Vinyl Buddies :thumbs:

@dan8885 thankyou for the tag it is always a pleasure talking to you on the forum re our love of Vinyl as much as i love my movies Music wins everytime. You are a true asset to HDN and deserve all the plaudits
(My Favourite Movie) it's soundtrack is beautifully recorded and has an almost chill out feel to it the latest Waxwork Vinyl release with the stunning gatefold Cover artwork is the perfect soundtrack package for me and one of my most treasured Vinyls.
I always loved the Ennio Morricone Spaghetti westerns music as a kid and in recent years Tarantino especially Jackie Brown and i love all the Nicholas Winding Refn 'Bronson' 'Drive' 'Only God Forgives' & of course got it preordered 'The Neon Demon'
Wow some lovely prizes and by coincidence i already have a couple of the items but i would like to enter because with your permission if i win i would like to give my prize to another member of this forum who deserves all the praise for inspiring me with his love of film music. And also a guy on this forum who has great taste in music and is generally a cool dude
I am happy to pay the postage costs and obviously with your permission dan & if im not breaking any HDN rules
My 2. Choices would be
1. 'PA Two Days One Night' which if i win I would like to give to @Noodles Nick is a star and so kind and does so much for this Forum.
2. 'Mulholland Drive' print if i win i would like to give this to @Flloydo who shares my love of good music and is also a credit to this forum.
It is my way of showing i appreciate & respect the guys on this forum and am grateful for their input.
Very generous of you dude. Thank you so much! It's folks like yourself and @dan8885 (plus many others, of course) that make HDN such a great place... and it's a real pleasure to know you all. :)

My 2. Choices would be

Much love bickle, awesome post and I fully agree. (You and nick reminded me that drive ost is also on my list too that I forgot lol but there are so many to choose) and thank you for your kind words mate, really appreciate that.

#vinyl buddies - y'all know who you are!

Very generous of you dude. Thank you so much! It's folks like yourself and @dan8885 (plus many others, of course) that make HDN such a great place... and it's a real pleasure to know you all. :)

Fully agree also, great place with what I consider great mates.

:Snap::headphone:

Congratulations @dan8885 :kiss::kiss: you definitely deserve this position :thumbs::thumbs: i don't know many people who love vinyls like you, when you talk about them i can feel your dedication for this kind of art.

Thanks for the nice giveaway :)

1. One of my favorite soundtracks is from Pirates of the Caribean. Why? It think it fits perfectly to the movie, and its one i've heard live from an orchestra and i got goose bumps every time i listen to it :drool::drool:

2. I'd love to win Two Days One Night :)

Thank you for everythin you've done for me so far ;) it's a real pleasure to know you my friend :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Reactions: dan8885

Much love bickle, awesome post and I fully agree. (You and nick reminded me that drive ost is also on my list too that I forgot lol but there are so many to choose) and thank you for your kind words mate, really appreciate that.

#vinyl buddies - y'all know who you are!

Fully agree also, great place with what I consider great mates.

:Snap::headphone:

My 2. Choices would be

Awesome and generous idea from you @Travis Bickle !! Hat tip !!

You guys are awesome :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks to ALL ninjas in this thread for the nice words. Really grateful and I can only give all words back to you all :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::drool::drool::drool::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Good luck all :emb:

Awesome giveaway @dan8885, I've hardly been on the forum much, so a bit late to the party, thanks for the tag above and well done on becoming a Mod, very deserving:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

As for your question, it's a tough one, plenty come to mind which have already been mentioned, so I'll put two forward which have been overlooked Manhunter and Terminator 1&2, and as a fave I'll go for the Terminator soundtrack, still one of the most played album's on my Ipod lol...On another side note someone mentioned Halloween, according to Carpenter himself, the studio's had no interest in the picture until the score was added, so massive kudos to that score.

I belive I'm to late for the giveaway, but if I'm not I'd love to win the Carpenter print's, thanks for the brilliant giveaway and good luck to all who enter....

Awesome giveaway @dan8885, I've hardly been on the forum much, so a bit late to the party, thanks for the tag above and well done on becoming a Mod, very deserving:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

As for your question, it's a tough one, plenty come to mind which have already been mentioned, so I'll put two forward which have been overlooked Manhunter and Terminator 1&2, and as a fave I'll go for the Terminator soundtrack, still one of the most played album's on my Ipod lol...On another side note someone mentioned Halloween, according to Carpenter himself, the studio's had no interest in the picture until the score was added, so massive kudos to that score.

I belive I'm to late for the giveaway, but if I'm not I'd love to win the Carpenter print's, thanks for the brilliant giveaway and good luck to all who enter....

No you're not late. Giveaway is open till Tuesday July 19 :thumbs: Good luck mate :thumbs:

This is a really generous offer, I don't really look at the giveaway threads but I think I should more often :woot:

1/ Really tough but the first thing to come to mind is:

upload_2016-7-15_20-21-41.jpeg

Its a good album if you love 80s music - but its a fantastic soundtrack when watching this criminally underrated movie, I recently showed the film to my missus (After she protested and really didn't want to watch it) and now she plays the tracks in her car :drool: 1-0 to me :p

2/ Can I put my name down for the Carpenter prints please

Thank you once again for the awesome giveaway :thumbs:

Great give away thanks.

My favourite soundtrack possibly has to be Star Wars as the tunes just seem to stick in my head, the music seems to be part of the movie (and add to it) rather than just been background noise.

I'd like to be in contention for the Tom Whalen prints please.

1. The Social Network. It's magical. I feel my heart beat rising up just by listening to the first. It also connects very well with the movie.
2. Ida

Thank you!

Nice giveaway Dan!

And congrats on contributing to HDN! Have fun while doing so. ;-)

Best soundtrack for me?
- Drive, why? The soundtrack filled with synth-pop and dreamy songs just took me away. To the beginning of the movie which starts with ''Tick of the Clock'' until the dreamy 'A Real Hero'', i loved every minute of it.

Which prize?
- Two days, one night (simply because i don't have it ;-)