Gladiator (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #98) [Czech Republic]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 2, 2018 (Standard), May 16, 2018 (FAC) (pre-order April 12, 2018 at 20:00 CET - still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)
Purchase link: Standard - FAC
Price: 1099 CZK - (Standard) - 1399 CZK (FAC)
Group Buy: GB open HERE
Notes:
UHD + Blu-ray WWA SteelBook. Limited numbered 0-600

29261586_1752480528202249_8512284538225819648_o.jpg

FAC #98 GLADIATOR XL FullSlip + Lenticular 3D Magnet includes:

- WWA Generic Double Disc SteelBook
- Exclusive XL FullSlip with an attractive finish
- 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc + Blu-ray Disc
- Exclusive 3D Lenticular Magnet (3D Deep Effect)
- Collectible Special Cards
- Exclusive Booklet 36P
- Collectible Character Cards
- Exclusive Collector's Folder (not showed in the Beauty Shot)
- Collector's Numbering Card and Hologram
- Exclusive Sticker FAC #98 GLADIATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
So torn. I love it and it hurts not to order it, but on the other hand that price is insanely high. I might still cave in but my head is telling me not to. I can probably get just the Steelbook for 1/3 of that price delivered. :(

Thanks for the tag buddy ;) but If I decide to go for this I will order directly when it goes live....I still can´t believe that price o_Oo_O
Yeah I know, I had to think twice on that myself :( but on the other hand I have really cut back in what I buy recently and dont impulse buy every release these days so i thought, f**k it, I'll treat myself!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
€62 before shipping
I like the overall package but it's to expensive

I already have the HDzeta release and UK Amaray release and UK Digibook edition
I have no interest in 4K
I dont have a 4K TV

I would have liked an option without 4k

€62 before shipping

I have no interest in 4K
I dont have a 4K TV

The option without 4k is to sell the disc. There’ll be plenty on here who’ll take it off your hands.

€62 before shipping

I have no interest in 4K
I dont have a 4K TV

I agree, 4K must not become the standard format in steelbooks. If 4K discs are a lot cheaper in 2 or 3 years then maybe it won't be so bad, but right now 4K only steelbooks seems like a crazy idea for the limited user base.

Incidentally I watched Serenity 4K today, honestly the increase in quality was pathetic. The whole 4K thing feels like a massive scam whenever you spend a lot of money for a premium disc that looks exactly the same as your 6 year old blu ray disc... :rolleyes:

I agree, 4K must not become the standard format in steelbooks. If 4K discs are a lot cheaper in 2 or 3 years then maybe it won't be so bad, but right now 4K only steelbooks seems like a crazy idea for the limited user base.

Incidentally I watched Serenity 4K today, honestly the increase in quality was pathetic. The whole 4K thing feels like a massive scam whenever you spend a lot of money for a premium disc that looks exactly the same as your 6 year old blu ray disc... :rolleyes:

I'd suggest watching more than just one film in 4K before labelling it a scam, for every 1 poor transfer there's at least 2 that make the upgrade well worth it if you appreciate the very best PQ

This release does not include the bonus extras disc

Jan from film arena confirmed on facebook
It's just 2 discs
4K UHD + Blu-ray

The price is even worse with it not including the extras disc
The extras are extensive and is a shame not included

You just happened to witness one of the formats most disappointing releases and there is the odd one that is a hair better than the Blu-ray but don't let that one make your made up, there are plenty of reference UHD discs with new 4K masters which look absolutely amazing. Blade Runner and its sequel, The Dark Crystal, Groundhog Day, Unforgiven, Dunkirk, Planet Earth, Hacksaw Ridge, Justice League (never seen the film mind you...) the list goes on! :D

Let's bare in mind there are older Blu-rays that look as rough as their upscaled DVD counterparts.

Bummer, I wasn't expecting the GB to go live so soon... I can't afford it right now. :(

@satanclaus Sorry dude, but it looks like you'll have to get your 4K disc from someone else. :sorry:

• Thanks
Reactions: satanclaus
I appreciate its limited number, but it looks exactly the same as the one I’ve ordered from amazon Italy for half the price?!

I appreciate its limited number, but it looks exactly the same as the one I’ve ordered from amazon Italy for half the price?!
Hi Hudson, and welcome to HDN! :)

The steelbook itself is exactly the same as the Italian one... the difference is all the extras (slipcover, lenti magnet, booklet, character cards etc.), which are exclusive to this edition.

Hi Hudson, and welcome to HDN! :)

The steelbook itself is exactly the same as the Italian one... the difference is all the extras (slipcover, lenti magnet, booklet, character cards etc.), which are exclusive to this edition.

Yeah I realised after I posted! My bad.
Tempting but for the extra bump in price I think I’ll stick with my amazon Italy!

And thanks!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah I realised after I posted! My bad.
Tempting but for the extra bump in price I think I’ll stick with my amazon Italy!

And thanks!
No worries! It can all be a little confusing at times, especially if you're new to collecting.

I'm not sure if you're already aware, but just in case... WWA = World Wide Art (non-exclusive), and WEA = World Exclusive Art (exclusive). So, basically... anything described as WWA means the steelbook is available in multiple countries, whereas WEA means it's exclusive to that country/retailer only.

Good to have you here anyway mate! Please feel free to contact myself or another Mod if you require assistance with anything. :thumbs:

@harry @Mickle_89 @milky @luke98 @Actarus @Hereticz @steelmybeatingheart @Flloydo

Very limited GB open on this one guys if you're interested.

Got myself one regardless of the price as I missed out on the HD Zeta one and this is a must have classic!
cheers, mate! :thumbs: i count myself lucky, as i have the HDZeta, but much appreciate the tag. :)

i have a 4K tv, but will only be buying new 4K steelbooks of a few, mainly if there's been a remastering. i think my Zeta set will do me, but it's positive people get to own a good, different steel premium of a great film, especially if they missed it the first time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta