May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.57 star(s) Rating: 3.57/5 7 Votes
Title: Knives Out 2

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Comedy, Crime, Drama

Director: Rian Johnson

Cast: Daniel Craig

Plot: A sequel to "Knives Out" (2019)

couldn’t get into It for the first 20 mins but then it found itself and got much better. Janelle Monae was certainly the standout, everyone else was a bit meh imo except her and Craig. No where near as good as the first but still enjoyable. Commend them for making the structure and scenario completely different though.

Wow, what an excellent detective comedy, starting with an ingeniously fun conference call montage, and through to my favorite interlaced 'everyone-and-everything-in-the-same-place-at-the-same-time' type of story, with it looping back over itself to reveal more parts that comprise the whole puzzle of a picture!
Monae, or whatever her name is, was the most irritating character, seemed just pompous and angry, until more about her was revealed, but Kate Hudson was the most amazing one and made up for it!

I actually went and bought a white Fullslip Korean edition of the first Knives Out I previously skipped, because of how much I liked this second film, now that I plan on buying all of them. Hoping there will be more.

Found it pretty underwhelming and rather predictable to be honest. As previously mentioned, the first film is the higher standard.
It's a fun watch though.
3 out of 5

Reactions: Daubt
I'm completely dumbfounded by all of the positive reviews online and the 90+ scores on rotten tomatoes. I thought the film was utterly dissapointing - mediocre writing, partly cringeworthy acting and predictable - nothing compared to the first one.

Reactions: Flloydo
I enjoyed it. Fun twist, which I personally didn’t see coming. Doesn’t take itself too seriously. Would defo watch again
Her story and twist was probably the most exciting part of the film and the one part I didn’t see coming

I hope, in the third, it goes back to a Family and not celebrity’s. I also wish Covid wasn’t added to the story. I find everything annoying or cringe that uses that as part of its story.

Decided to give it another go and yeah it’s not a scratch on the first. Really disappointing

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Watched this yesterday. Where i already thought part 1 was a children's detective movie, this one is.... Well.... Awful. Trying to be funny through gimmicks that were fun in the 90' (that guy walking through scenes) did not work. Hope Netflix will spend their money on some quality screenwriting next time.

Reactions: Vega
Her story and twist was probably the most exciting part of the film and the one part I didn’t see coming

I hope, in the third, it goes back to a Family and not celebrity’s. I also wish Covid wasn’t added to the story. I find everything annoying or cringe that uses that as part of its story.

Decided to give it another go and yeah it’s not a scratch on the first. Really disappointing
I actually need to re-watch the first as it’s been a while, to properly compare the 2

glass_onion_a_knives_out_mystery_ver22.jpeg

Reactions: tha_lunatic