Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray Box Set) (The Criterion Collection) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 25, 2019 (original) - January 20, 2020 (reprint)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £149.99
Notes: Limited Edition - Region B Locked
41H7GPSdkzL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This release is a limited edition

Once all retailers sell out it will be gone

Standard editions will follow at a later time
Ah. So the BOX set is limited. They will still retain the rights and do individual discs then.
Good to know.:thumbs:
(Out of curiosity- Where did you read it was limited? In both U.S. and U.K.? I can't seem to find any info on it being a limited edition)
It would be playing a dangerous if it is limted, then, to assume the chance of getting one for the November Criterion sale.

Last edited:
@C.C. 95 the product page on amazon uk says :

GODZILLA - THE SHOWA FILMS (1954-1975) - LIMITED RELEASE [The Criterion Collection]

No mention of the american version being limited on amazon.com

I am really excited about the content of rhis boxset, but i have to say i'm really not into this pop art illustration. I would have prefered something more standard. I am usually not into the "newly commited artwork" in general (specially arrow). It mostly looks really bad next to the original design. But of course it is only MY opinion

Reactions: C.C. 95
Anyone still able to order this from Zoom using the 10% off code? I've seen others mention elsewhere that they've done exactly that, but I'm unable to for some reason... really want to order it, but £150 is pushing it.

Anyone still able to order this from Zoom using the 10% off code? I've seen others mention elsewhere that they've done exactly that, but I'm unable to for some reason... really want to order it, but £150 is pushing it.
I ordered 3rd Sept. Not sure if they've removed the code for this item since then.
1568711701470.png

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles I assume you've never ordered from them before? If you have, maybe try a different address (work), email address and payment method (paypal)? Luckily I've never ordered from them before so it's fine for me.

@Noodles I assume you've never ordered from them before? If you have, maybe try a different address (work), email address and payment method (paypal)? Luckily I've never ordered from them before so it's fine for me.
I've ordered quite a few things from them before mate, and up until now the code continued to work for me. I guess I could try making a new Zoom account like you suggested, but problem is I've previously paid using both my card and PayPal on my current account (testing to see if the code worked with a different payment method), so they'll more than likely clock that on a new account too. Oh well, I appreciate you trying to help bud!

• Friendly
Reactions: davhyl
i know the feeling. for some reason it just feels overpriced to me. :greedy: fighting that usual internal justification war. half this price seems about right, the equivalent of both Ray Harryhausen sets from Indicator, that sort of thing. and i know i'll not be able to get it again cheaper if i wait. hmm... maybe i should just take a shot...

Zoom disabled use of Sigup10 code if you previously ordered with zoom
It was always meant to be only used on your first order but for some reason you could keep using the code for orders done after this until now

1100x320_newsletter-callout_2.jpg

Zoom corrected this just recently to be first order only as previously listed on their website

i know the feeling. for some reason it just feels overpriced to me. :greedy: fighting that usual internal justification war. half this price seems about right, the equivalent of both Ray Harryhausen sets from Indicator, that sort of thing. and i know i'll not be able to get it again cheaper if i wait. hmm... maybe i should just take a shot...

Yeah, at first glance the price seems very high, but when you consider the fact that we're basically paying £10 per film with all those extras... plus it comes in a stunning looking set which will most likely be very well made, then it doesn't seem so bad. Still, an extra 10% off would be nice! I have the same dilemma though... fork out £150 now, or risk having to pay even more later.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Zoom disabled use of Sigup10 code if you previously ordered with zoom
It was always meant to be only used on your first order but for some reason you could keep using the code for orders done after this until now

View attachment 447544
Zoom corrected this just recently to be first order only as previously listed on their website
That's what I originally thought, but some people over at BD claim they're still able to use it continuously.

Yeah, at first glance the price seems very high, but when you consider the fact that we're basically paying £10 per film with all those extras... plus it comes in a stunning looking set which will most likely be very well made, then it doesn't seem so bad. Still, an extra 10% off would be nice! I have the same dilemma though... fork out £150 now, or risk having to pay even more later.
damn you, @Noodles! :LOL: pre-ordered - in the hope that it doesn't sell out in advance and i can try and reorder on normal sale with a working discount. :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Jocelin and Noodles
When, for the last few years I've been paying about £40 on average for a steelbook/premium/ltd edition. £10 is a bargain :rofl:

• Haha