Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray Box Set) (The Criterion Collection) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 25, 2019 (original) - January 20, 2020 (reprint)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £149.99
Notes: Limited Edition - Region B Locked
41H7GPSdkzL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so little update in case I have sounded like I have been bad-mouthing Zoom, I'd like to apologise. I don't have an account with them so could not check my status of my order (checked out as guest). Anyway, they've got back to me after 2 weeks (15 days)...

I switched bank accounts a few months ago (about a month after pre-ordering), and apparently payment was attempted to be taken on dispatch but failed cos obviously the card doesn't exist any more. One issue I do have with Zoom though, is that I didn't receive any emails to say it had failed upon dispatch attempt. I thought zoom took payment on pre-order so I'll have to see if any money was actually taken, not sure how I'll do that now though since that bank account is closed :/

Anyway, just ordered the USA one from Amazon for ~£95 delivered to my bro in USA that I'll pick up next time I'm over.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Ok, so little update in case I have sounded like I have been bad-mouthing Zoom, I'd like to apologise. I don't have an account with them so could not check my status of my order (checked out as guest). Anyway, they've got back to me after 2 weeks (15 days)...

I switched bank accounts a few months ago (about a month after pre-ordering), and apparently payment was attempted to be taken on dispatch but failed cos obviously the card doesn't exist any more. One issue I do have with Zoom though, is that I didn't receive any emails to say it had failed upon dispatch attempt. I thought zoom took payment on pre-order so I'll have to see if any money was actually taken, not sure how I'll do that now though since that bank account is closed :/

Anyway, just ordered the USA one from Amazon for ~£95 delivered to my bro in USA that I'll pick up next time I'm over.
Zoom only take payment when item is in stock ready to be dispatched.

Reactions: davhyl
happy days. :happy: delighted to receive my copy of this excellent, if unsual, package. details and pics below, or if you just want the photos, here's my album for this release.
View media item 26861
the question many will be asking is, how big is this? well, it's definitely over 12" tall, as it doesn't fit vertically in my vinyl shelves. i know some in the thread above didn't like the format, and i get that, but maybe an oversized edition is the most appropriate thing for Gojira himself.

the front and especially back artwork, especially once unsealed, are lovely and go well with the release :thumbs::
the interior or the book - hard bound - is super-bright and colourful, with large eye-catching artwork, different styles for each page, and creds and information for each disc contents. click the spoiler for pics of the inside :Snap: :Snap::
the rear gatefold - same image as the front - is where the discs are stored, sometimes just one film per disc, as for the original, sometimes up to 3 films per disc. the undersides of the disc slots are glossed, which makes getting them out easier and helps prevents against disc scratches and paper tears. these inserts are fairly robust, and should stand up to careful use. shots of the disc gatefold under the spoiler:
the films look amazing, with high quality restoration. the films themselves range from the sort-of-sublime to the ridiculous, but then that always going to be the case with men in monster suits attacking each other. it is still pricey, but i think this will become one of my favourite sets. :drool:

Reactions: Jocelin
When a thread not done create one

It's not the same films content as Criterion release and different country release

We do separate threads even if a same release is available in other countries
But according to your time stamp, you had created one already,, just couldn't see it for some reason.
And, I've never created a thread.
So just left what was meant to be a friendly note to those interested.

Reactions: paulboland