Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase links: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 13, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1000

Godzilla vs Kong Front.jpg

Godzilla Open.jpg Godzilla inside.jpg

Last edited:
I think I've seen the back and inside artwork somewhere before, but the front looks cool.
I do have at least two steelbooks of it already - one FAC, and one from the steelbox set - so won't be buying more.
Oh, wait, FAC wasn't released yet, confusing with previous entries - shows how much I like or care about this franchise, they've all mixed and rolled into one in my mind.
Instead I got the Korean digibook.

Meh, the U.K. WWA, manta and the box collection steel is miles better than this. I don’t get why it needs so many steelbooks for a 1 year old film

If this would be full gloss, maybe. I do own this steelbook, but will change it with Manta version.

Meh, the U.K. WWA, manta and the box collection steel is miles better than this. I don’t get why it needs so many steelbooks for a 1 year old film
I don't know but I had to cancel my box set last year due to financial reasons and I only currently have a none 4k of Kong Skull Island. So this seems like as good a time as any to get one of them, and seek the rest out. Cos the standard blu ray of Godzilla is so dark it's almost unwatchable.

Why is my only option for shipping to Ireland tracked shipping @ €5.99, whats going on with Zavvi?

Too many lost packages during the Royal Mail strike days so now they have switched to tracked shipping. Shipping to Canada is now though FedEx tracked shipping only and no longer through Royal Mail which has raised the shipping cost from $6.00 Canadian to $15.00 Canadian.

This SteelBook is limited to 1,000 in UK
  • Limited to 1,000 units
  • Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
  • 10 Featurettes on Blu-ray™
  • Over an Hour of Excitement - Including: The Phenomenon of Gōjira, King of the Monsters
  • The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
  • Round One: Battle at Sea
  • Round Two: One Will Fall

Reactions: JinxyKatte
This SteelBook is limited to 1,000 in UK
  • Limited to 1,000 units
  • Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
  • 10 Featurettes on Blu-ray™
  • Over an Hour of Excitement - Including: The Phenomenon of Gōjira, King of the Monsters
  • The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
  • Round One: Battle at Sea
  • Round Two: One Will Fall
Are they numbered then and is it limited to 1000 or "limited to 1000"? like Inglorious Basterds lol.

Are they numbered then and is it limited to 1000 or "limited to 1000"? like Inglorious Basterds lol.
No not numbered
It's a re-issue with shared print run in Europe
It's also getting a re-release in Italy

UK was allocated 1000 from Europe print run

This is nothing new has happened before a good few times with other SteelBooks in Europe that got a new print run

Received this but has a dent on the front of it, item is out of stock now...what do you guys do to contact them, do you use the contact center to send a message or do u use live chat and ask for a refund?
Just wondering which is the better option.

Received this but has a dent on the front of it, item is out of stock now...what do you guys do to contact them, do you use the contact center to send a message or do u use live chat and ask for a refund?
Just wondering which is the better option.
Contact centre. Unlikely they'll have a replacement, or best not to trust that they will by the time you return. Either return for refund or they'll offer a partial to keep. They default to 10/15% off, push for more, they often oblige with some insistence.