Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

e4509851-eb5a-4dbf-8e1f-058f560ad396.jpg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I've had that payment problem for years now. Several limited edition releases I've preordered all cancelled post-release date, so I end up missing out on certain releases. PayPal is the only method that is guaranteed to work for me, which is annoying as it means I get charged as soon as I preorder instead if at release date. The customer service got me nowhere as they just kept telling me that there was a problem with my method of payment bit as they don't retain payment details they couldn't tell me what the problem was! I've ever had orders preorders where I order two items, one goes through fine when release date comes and the other is rejected. HMV just kept saying "problem with your payment method." I'm sure their website FAQ also say that they're required to make 3 attempts before cancelling the order and when I questioned this and said I never got notified of a problem or the chance to assist, they again couldn't explain.

As for the art...I'm really not keen on this. I've heard others say that the trailer looks really dumb, but I've not even watched the last movie yet so dont know if that's the way the franchise was heading, but this art does seem to be more aimed at the idea of these two being superheroes rather than a force of nature. I think it's also one of the few covers that doesn't use mountains or city skylines to give a sense of scale.

Ive had issues ordering on the HMV site recently, It takes me too world pay where i gave to enter my 3 digit security code then it Just constantly says payment failed and i have a bunch of failed orders in my history, Its really strange.
I had same problem today with dune, just paid via paypal

This mockup design has a border like its Embossed. Any idea if it will have the border on the steelbook?

I recall, Meg 2 had a UK steelbook that was embossed for like the first few thousand units so wanted to weigh my options. thank you for the insight!
It won't. That's just how wb uk do their mockups unfortunately. The meg 2 (or the original actually) had no embossed steels.

Some people like the Walmart one, but not this one even thought the artwork is the same. The image here looks embossed. It would be funny if the UK steel is embossed with matte finish and the Walmart one is not embossed with full gloss finish. Without the gloss treatment, the colors won't pop properly. If you have doubts, you can wait for Manta to release it.

Last edited:
The Meg 2 did have an Embossed steelbook from Zavvi UK. But nothing here stateside was that nice
No it didn't. I've already said that lol again, that is just the way WB do their mockups over here. It wasn't actually embossed. It was the same steel as the rest of Europe. Flat and spot gloss.

No it didn't. I've already said that lol again, that is just the way WB do their mockups over here. It wasn't actually embossed. It was the same steel as the rest of Europe. Flat and spot gloss.
Whoops! I never ordered it mate, just verified you are right. In the Email it had said 1K units for it but I guess they said **** it and didn't make any of em' embossed lol

Whoops! I never ordered it mate, just verified you are right. In the Email it had said 1K units for it but I guess they said **** it and didn't make any of em' embossed lol
Yep, that 1K units just related to their stock. It was a shared print run across Europe, and as zavvi (in this instance) was just the UK exclusive retailer, meant they had 1K copies for the UK. Clever marketing chatter for nothing special at all really lol

I've had that payment problem for years now. Several limited edition releases I've preordered all cancelled post-release date, so I end up missing out on certain releases. PayPal is the only method that is guaranteed to work for me, which is annoying as it means I get charged as soon as I preorder instead if at release date. The customer service got me nowhere as they just kept telling me that there was a problem with my method of payment bit as they don't retain payment details they couldn't tell me what the problem was! I've ever had orders preorders where I order two items, one goes through fine when release date comes and the other is rejected. HMV just kept saying "problem with your payment method." I'm sure their website FAQ also say that they're required to make 3 attempts before cancelling the order and when I questioned this and said I never got notified of a problem or the chance to assist, they again couldn't explain.

As for the art...I'm really not keen on this. I've heard others say that the trailer looks really dumb, but I've not even watched the last movie yet so dont know if that's the way the franchise was heading, but this art does seem to be more aimed at the idea of these two being superheroes rather than a force of nature. I think it's also one of the few covers that doesn't use mountains or city skylines to give a sense of scale.
This was a problem for most people when trying to order recently, never had issues before over years. Something to do with worldpay itself or how HMV initiated the worldpay process broke,
They did fix it but i guess it broke again according to the comments. hopefully permanently fixed now.
Sounds like you have a unique issue unfortunately.

Last edited:
for those having trouble ordering yesterday i just had a message back from hmv there was a technical issue they say that there IT dept have now fixed it.
so if want to order should be good now :thumbs:
Was broken on the 22nd in the evening as well, not great to see the problem come back, hopefully fixed for good now.

Reactions: Basil
Saw the film today and while it was the most ridiculous entry in the franchise so far it actually was better than I expected it to be. Probably place it 4th place across all 5 films.

Good enough to buy a nice WEA release from Manta when they do it