Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 24, 2024
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

Godzilla x Kong Front.jpg

Godzilla x Kong Open.jpg Godzilla x Kong Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Pass big time. All these WWA steelbooks are going to be cringe release as fuc*. Buying them is just wasting $$$
Manta will release it eventually.

Saw the film today and while it was the most ridiculous entry in the franchise so far it actually was better than I expected it to be. Probably place it 4th place across all 5 films.

Good enough to buy a nice WEA release from Manta when they do it
Fourth best must mean that it’s all sorts of terrible, which is completely unsurprising.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

View attachment 575233
Fourth best must mean that it’s all sorts of terrible, which is completely unsurprising.
Pass big time. All these WWA steelbooks are going to be cringe release as fuc*. Buying them is just wasting $$$
Manta will release it eventually.

This franchise has turned into that old Neo Geo Kaiju beat em up game from the 90s.
Colours & all.

'King of Monsters'

1000040003-01.jpeg

1000040000-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Weird logic. If you have to rate 5 things is clearly obvious that something ranks first, another ranks last and everything else in-between.

For example on this page of this thread there's now 4 replies, I'd rank your post 3rd out of all 4 in terms of value to the forum :naughty:

Last edited:
Weird logic. If you have to rate 5 things is clearly obvious that something ranks first, another ranks last and everything else in-between.

For example on this page of this thread there's now 4 replies, I'd rank your post 3rd out of all 4 in terms of value to the forum :naughty:
I think you're reading more seriousness into my post than was intended. But if I think the third best film in the series is really horrible, than the fourth best must be all sorts of terrible. And on top of that, my post has better plot than the last few Monsterverse films.

Artwork

Godzilla x Kong Front.jpg Godzilla x Kong Open.jpg Godzilla x Kong Inside.jpg

Extras

BD and 4K UHD:
Commentary by Director Adam Wingard, Visual Effects Supervisor Alessandro Ongaro, Production Designer Tom Hammock and Editor Josh Schaeffer.
GxK: Day of Reckoning - We’ve seen Godzilla battle Kong for supremacy and now, in this ultimate adventure, discover what it means for Godzilla and Kong to team up as an unstoppable force to save Earth from an unforeseen evil. It has all been leading to this.
Evolution of the Titans: Godzilla Evolved - To face an unforeseen ancient foe, Godzilla undergoes an evolution, transforming himself with diamond-hard skin, translucent fins and spikes on elbows and tail. Discover how this timeless Titan can still surprise us with his continuing evolution.
Evolution of the Titans: Kong's Journey: From Lonely God to King - In this newest chapter in the long history of Kong, join our hero as he journeys from solitary god, to the discovery of other Great Apes, to the adoption of a “Kongster,” and ultimately… to his rightful role as King Kong.
Journey to the Center of Hollow Earth: Visualizing Hollow Earth - Take an inside look at the visual development of Hollow Earth – its colors, geography, and unique physics – and witness how the film’s live action and visual effects come together to create an unforgettable motion picture.
Journey to the Center of Hollow Earth: Monsters of Hollow Earth - From fan favorite Titanus Doug to the colossal Shimo with her frozen breath, discover what makes each of GxK’s new monsters unique, from their fearsome fighting styles to their unique physiology.
The Battles Royale: A Titanic Fight Among the Pyramids - As terrified residents of Cairo run for their lives, Godzilla and Kong fight among Egypt’s ancient Giza Pyramids. Discover how this dazzling sequence was imagined, engineered and brought to life.
The Battles Royale: The Zero Gravity Battle - As pyramids collide in the sky of Hollow Earth, temporarily nullifying gravity, a thrilling confrontation takes place between Titans good and evil. Discover how this visionary sequence was created and brought to full-fledged grandeur on-screen.
The Battles Royale: The Titans Trash Rio - Brazil’s Ipanema Beach turns to fire and ice as four Titans hurtle through a Hollow Earth vortex, igniting a battle royale. Discover how live action footage was combined with state-of-the-art special effects to produce a blockbuster action sequence.
The Intrepid Director: Adam Wingard: Big Kid - Adam Wingard’s gift for creating unforgettable monster movies springs from the fact that the ten-year-old boy within him hides just below the surface. Go behind the scenes to discover how his boundless enthusiasm inspires his cast and crew.
The Imagination Department - Join director Adam Wingard for a rare look inside the ultra-secret Art Department as he reveals the inspiration for the fantastic designs and colorful worlds created in Hollow Earth and the wider Monsterverse.
The Monarch Island Base: Portal to Another World - Set in the blue waters of Barbados, the Monarch Island Base sits over a vortex that leads to Hollow Earth. It is here that Kong emerges for an unexpected dentist appointment. Discover how imagination and hard work brought this location to life.
The Evolution of Jia: From Orphan to Warrior - Jia’s journey is just beginning. Discover the unlikely path this young heroine has taken, from being orphaned on Skull Island with her best friend Kong, to becoming a warrior charged with saving her people and Earth itself.
The Intrepid Director: Adam Wingard: Set Tour - Join director Adam Wingard on location in the primordial Australian rainforest as he treats fans to a rare glimpse of life on the set of GxK. Wingard surprises cast and crew, having a riotously good time in this irreverent, spontaneous romp.
Bernie's World: Behind the Triple Locked Door - The apartment of conspiracy theorist Bernie Hayes, with its wall clippings, monster models and stacks of research, is like a deep dive into Bernie’s brain. Join Brian Tyree Henry for an inside look at the physical manifestation of a fevered mind.

I think you're reading more seriousness into my post than was intended. But if I think the third best film in the series is really horrible, than the fourth best must be all sorts of terrible. And on top of that, my post has better plot than the last few Monsterverse films.
If you are watching Monsterverse movies for the plot you are doing it wrong. All I want from movies like this is a basic plot that gives an excuse to watch a giant monkey punch an equally giant monster in the face. Do you think I give 2 ***** about the plot of Pacific Rim, **** no I just wanna watch Charlie Hunnam pilot a giant mech and hit a kaiju in the face with a giant boat.

Also just cos something is ranked the worst out of 5 (or 4th I guess in this case) doesn't make it bad. If you had 5 gold bricks of slightly different sizes and you had to organise them by value would that make the 5th one worthless?

If you are watching Monsterverse movies for the plot you are doing it wrong. All I want from movies like this is a basic plot that gives an excuse to watch a giant monkey punch an equally giant monster in the face. Do you think I give 2 ***** about the plot of Pacific Rim, **** no I just wanna watch Charlie Hunnam pilot a giant mech and hit a kaiju in the face with a giant boat.

Also just cos something is ranked the worst out of 5 (or 4th I guess in this case) doesn't make it bad. If you had 5 gold bricks of slightly different sizes and you had to organise them by value would that make the 5th one worthless?
Okay, fair enough. But you're generalizing your personal view about the relevance of a coherently developed plot to these movies as being the objectively correct approach for how everyone should enjoy them. Personally, I think that last few movies starting with Godzilla: KotM have been beyond terrible and no amount of mediocre CGI kaiju carnage has been able to save them and their lack of any sort of coherently developed characters and plot. But to each their own and I get why people enjoy them. I do think that the first season of Monarch was good.

And, yes, something ranked 4 of 5 can be good (although I hate gold for a lot of reasons, but get your point about relative monetary value). Regardless, the wording of my original post was meant to be snarky and indicate that I thought the 3rd ranked movie was terrible, and therefore the fourth must be garbage. Sometimes intent doesn't come through clearly when writing a post.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWildEye

I was going to say 'It's OK to have such an opinion', because everyone's 'taste' is different, and I understand where you're coming from, but then I thought it's because of such opinions and low demands these movies make money, which lets them create more uninspired crap like it, which deprives me of something possibly better. So your opinion impedes on my happiness and satisfaction. :cautious: :D

I'm personally tired of dumb cartoons that I can't remember 10 minutes after wasting time on them, and would rather have something with emotional weight that entertains on many levels, that can be enjoyed repeatedly. Independence Day comes to mind...

I enjoyed the other Monster-verse movies on a superficial level, especially GvK (big, daft, and fun!).... But this latest one did very little for me. Was kinda bored actually :coffee:

Watched this last night. Honesty I really enjoyed it. Glad they focus less on the human element. It’s pretty much monsters from start to finish

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I was going to say 'It's OK to have such an opinion', because everyone's 'taste' is different, and I understand where you're coming from, but then I thought it's because of such opinions and low demands these movies make money, which lets them create more uninspired crap like it, which deprives me of something possibly better. So your opinion impedes on my happiness and satisfaction. :cautious: :D

I'm personally tired of dumb cartoons that I can't remember 10 minutes after wasting time on them, and would rather have something with emotional weight that entertains on many levels, that can be enjoyed repeatedly. Independence Day comes to mind...
It isn't Godzilla that's sucked up all the oxygen though, that's Marvel.

A healthy Hollywood probably has space for a big dumb monster movie.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It isn't Godzilla that's sucked up all the oxygen though, that's Marvel.

A healthy Hollywood probably has space for a big dumb monster movie.
True, true, and I don't mean this one particular movie - I haven't even seen it yet - just in general. :bag:

Reactions: sbarker