Grease Collection (4K & 2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 23rd , 2018
Purchase link: 4K+2D - 2D (pre-order Thursday March 29 at around midday UK time)
Price: £19.99 (4K+2D) - £15.99 (2D)

Grease 1 (4K+2D) - Grease 1 & 2 (2D)
4K.jpg
BD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of this old steelbook ;

grosse pointe blank.jpg

Same old rehashing going on..

A conveyor belt of garbage seems to be flowing from zavvi towers lately, re-releases, re-hashes, please make it stop, just end it now.....:punch:

Attachments

• grosse pointe blank.jpg
    grosse pointe blank.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
I am not cancelling my US release of this, as I have the digi-book on pre-order as well. Besides, Zaavi state Grease 1 & 2, and not the Grease Live to be included, and it might be a lot dearer too. I'm sticking with my pre-order after my Thor Ragnarok steel book balls-up they did.

This reminds me of this old steelbook ;

View attachment 363775

Same old rehashing going on..

A conveyor belt of garbage seems to be flowing from zavvi towers lately, re-releases, re-hashes, please make it stop, just end it now.....:punch:
Grease steelbook is trade wide release available in various countries
Zavvi got retailer exclusive for the UK

Zavvi have nothing to do with artwork design of grease steelbook and they also had nothing to do with artwork design for Grosse Pointe Blank

You do release Zavvi have not done any artwork design for any steelbooks it's done by the film studio/distibutor

In regards to Grosse Pointe Blank that's actually a very nice looking steelbook
In hand looks fantastic

Steelbooks releases are decided by a film distributor with most now been a shared print run in Europe

Some are trade wide and some exclusive with retailers in various countries

This grease steelbook would still have been released in the UK even if not offered to Zavvi as a retailer exclusive

Reactions: Scrubbedup
I am not cancelling my US release of this, as I have the digi-book on pre-order as well. Besides, Zaavi state Grease 1 & 2, and not the Grease Live to be included, and it might be a lot dearer too. I'm sticking with my pre-order after my Thor Ragnarok steel book balls-up they did.
Chances are this will also include Grease Live if the others do. What you see in the OP (their Twitter post) is literally the only hint of this release we have at the moment... God help me if I jumped the gun and they weren't referring to a steelbook release! Pretty sure they were though... I hope. :ohno: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: moviemania1973
Definitely grabbing this.
Might be a controversial statement (and it has been a few years since I last saw it), but I bloody love Grease 2.

The main reason I want this is to get Grease 2 on Blu-ray. I actually saw it in theatres at least twice back when.
I like this more than Grease. I've always liked "secret identity" movies.

Explains why I like a lot of superhero movies I guess. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
When is the steelbook out and will there be uk digibook as well? i have both steelbook and digibook on order from amazon usa but i rather order the steel and get from zavvi.
Amazon send everything to me these days in a jiffy bag regardless of cost and normally arrive a mess.
So i rather get steelbook from zavvi and digibook elsewhere if i can.

When is the steelbook out and will there be uk digibook as well? i have both steelbook and digibook on order from amazon usa but i rather order the steel and get from zavvi.
Amazon send everything to me these days in a jiffy bag regardless of cost and normally arrive a mess.
So i rather get steelbook from zavvi and digibook elsewhere if i can.
I doubt we will get both. As there's been no news on the Digibook I don't think we will be getting one.