Gremlins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order will be live Saturday July 13 from 6PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12190320-1514681060977858.jpg

71OF8Cq9fmL._SL1500_.jpg 81zM9CBeMeL._SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale
Atrocious artwork. Gizmo is in the redlight district, with no light, no water, no KFC (after 12 am).

The amaray artwork for the 4K is bad enough but is loads better than this is.
I'll be picking up the Amaray version anyway and popping the 4K disc in to my 2-film steelbook like the one below:
I think the least offensive steelbook is probably the Media Markt
View attachment 437578

I'm actually going to email Zavvi and make it clear what I think of this. Maybe if enough of us email them about the dire steelbooks, they will get the message.
No point in emailing Zavvi
It's warner you need to contact
This is a WWA release from Warner been released in UK/Germany/USA and some other locations in Europe/Asia

Germany it's a amazon exclusive
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V6ML8Z6/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Zavvi don't do any design of steelbooks artwork that is done by film studio distributor

Full artwork showing on Amazon Germany

71OF8Cq9fmL._SL1500_.jpg 81zM9CBeMeL._SL1500_.jpg

To be fair a long time back Zavvi said on their website when they were going into the process behind steelbooks they would reject designs from companies if they were bad or lacking...yet so many have gotten through.

It's a two way street, if Zavvi know they'd sell more with something better for full price which benefits both parties then I don't see why they couldn't let the company know, rather then them loosing out trying to shift them at like half price much later on because the art work is so bad no ones buying it.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Well they lost my sale and I'm just buying the standard 4k amray Vastly superior artwork and at £20 way way cheaper and I suspect cheaper nearer the release date.

Glad this is out in 4k but i hope the Black Barons edition gets some good artwork for the slip to cover wacky steel.
Though ill prob just take the 4k disc out of the steel and plop it into this bad boy

10830027-8634719919810805.jpg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Shame about the steel but getting to see the 4k print of this in 4Dx(well, minus 3D image but the moving seats, lights, smoke, smells, rain etc still there) at a local cinema on 6th dec
Saw Matrix back in July...was go good I went to the second showing they did.

Just managed to get the Zavvi blu-ray steelbook from ebay for £17 so it's back in my collection and I can sell this 4K one but keep the 4K disc of course.

How good is the transfer to 4k . As I haven't bought it or seen any reviews on it
It's okay, the 4k transfer adds plenty of added details but the haziness is still present throughout.
It's the best it has ever looked but it's nothing to write home about and the HDR could have been better.

Reactions: Pizzapizza98