Grindhouse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #35) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: September 30, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set (Pre-order on September 10 at 10 PM - Korea time)
Prices: $42.99 (Full Slip) - $43.99 (Lenti A or B) - $152.99 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set
Note: Total print run 3000. Domestic 1500, International 1500: Full Slip 500 copies - Lenti A 650 copies - Lenti B 650 copies - Box Set 400 copies

FS_full.jpgLA_Death proof_full.jpgLB_planet terror_full.jpgOC_full.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a protector for the steel immediately. The super high gloss on that is gorgeous but really picks up micro scratches no matter how careful you are. Just the Slip and booklet can scratch it.
Protectors scratch them, too, unfortunately.

Even though I hate to use more plastic, I take baggies (like Steelbook Central’s jumbo steelbook or digibook wraps) and I cut/tape them into sleeves the are open on the spine side to protect the steelbooks against the slips/booklets. They still scuff - it’s inevitable - but not nearly as bad.

Learnt my lesson long ago when I foolishly thought it was ok to just put open glossy steels back in the slip 'naked'... :pain:

Said it before, but with high gloss steels I open, I just put them in a new resealable polybag then back inside the slip. Thus essentially resealing it which helps protect from any friction/micro scratches when sliding in and out of the slip etc. Certainly helps to keep the steel in the same (or best as anyway) condition as you unsealed it and I've done this for years now.

Reactions: JGCramp and Stygian
Speaking of protecting steelbooks, I just received a box of 200 SCF1's from steelbook central. That's a heavy box.

Gotta protect that shrink-wrap on those sealed steelbooks. ;)

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Learnt my lesson long ago when I foolishly thought it was ok to just put open glossy steels back in the slip 'naked'... :pain:

Said it before, but with high gloss steels I open, I just put them in a new resealable polybag then back inside the slip. Thus essentially resealing it which helps protect from any friction/micro scratches when sliding in and out of the slip etc. Certainly helps to keep the steel in the same (or best as anyway) condition as you unsealed it and I've done this for years now.
keep them sealed :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stygian

The sleeves I make are basically the same because they come out of the slip with the steelbook.

I guess I could have just used the bags without cutting them into sleeves. Not sure why that thought never crossed my mind.

Reactions: Mickle_89
The sleeves I make are basically the same because they come out of the slip with the steelbook.

I guess I could have just used the bags without cutting them into sleeves. Not sure why that thought never crossed my mind.
...OR you could do what @Flloydo does (or did, for a long time!) and keep the steelbook separated from the slip entirely :wacky: (still in a poly, I believe). However this method does result in subsequently diminishing your storage capacity quite drastically lol :hilarious:

...OR you could do what @Flloydo does (or did, for a long time!) and keep the steelbook separated from the slip entirely :wacky: (still in a poly, I believe). However this method does result in subsequently diminishing your storage capacity quite drastically lol :hilarious:
F**k me these last page and a bit are mental. I thought I was bad.

I’ve now resorted to just keeping the naked steels in the slips now. Matte or gloss. It don’t bother me anymore. The best ones are the weet where you can place it all in with book<> steel<>art cards. No scratches from the case like that. Like a sandwich. Can do the same with some other releases

I didn’t know you seal them and put them back in the slip like that tho. I’ve tried that with my polybags and sometimes it feels a tad too big for the slip so I haven’t tried it since. CLNs idea seems ok tho. But too much agg now. Can’t be bothered to go back and do it all again

Anybody ever try one of those miracle car polish type things that are supposed to remove scratches from paint on cars?

I remember seeing those ads on tv decades ago. Are they still around? Would that work?