Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess I spoke too soon, I got home this afternoon from work and there it was sitting in my mailbox. I just opened it up and it's in perfect condition, so I'm happy. It's nice it finally arrived though since I was starting to worry a tad.
:)

Good to hear.

Uh oh....shipping time from the UK to Australia takes less time than from the UK to Germany :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
:)

Good to hear.

Uh oh....shipping time from the UK to Australia takes less time than from the UK to Germany :wtf:
I'm in NZ actually, which is even further away from the UK than Australia is, so it does seem weird it takes even longer to get to Germany - talk about snail mail. I hope it turns up for you soon though. :happy:

Morning everyone!

After processing & cancellations, we've put the final remaining units of our #ZavviExclusive Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - Limited Edition 4K SteelBook back on sale.
Numbers are limited and as it's available to purchase now - Once it's gone... It's gone.
Ah, great - NOT! Timed just after I had decided to finally open the 3D version I had received a couple of weeks ago, as I was now outside the 14 day window to return it for a refund and order the 4K version instead!

As well as opening my copy of the 3D steelbook, I deceided to order the Amaray version of the 4K to put the 4K disc in to the steelbook and sell on the Amaray as a 3D version (I've actually already done that with many older titles now available in 4K)!

In some ways, I am more comfortable with that anyway (even if it does work out more expensive to effectively 'double-dip'), as the 3D steelbook arrived unscathed. I wouldn't want to reutrn it until I had received a 4K version anyway in case that one arrived damaged and BOTH sold out in the meantime meaning that I wouldn't be able to get any replacements! I've been caught out like that before, when Electra sold out after I had sent a damaged copy back for a replacement, which meant I received a refund instead and had to source a new copy off eBay at an inflated price!

Ah, great - NOT! Timed just after I had decided to finally open the 3D version I had received a couple of weeks ago, as I was now outside the 14 day window to return it for a refund and order the 4K version instead!

As well as opening my copy of the 3D steelbook, I deceided to order the Amaray version of the 4K to put the 4K disc in to the steelbook and sell on the Amaray as a 3D version (I've actually already done that with many older titles now available in 4K)!

In some ways, I am more comfortable with that anyway (even if it does work out more expensive to effectively 'double-dip'), as the 3D steelbook arrived unscathed. I wouldn't want to reutrn it until I had received a 4K version anyway in case that one arrived damaged and BOTH sold out in the meantime meaning that I wouldn't be able to get any replacements! I've been caught out like that before, when Electra sold out after I had sent a damaged copy back for a replacement, which meant I received a refund instead and had to source a new copy off eBay at an inflated price!
I think this is also an good idea. It happens too often a tittle is gone, either from stock or by mail.
For the last month I now order 3 of each item I want to have, in the hope one will arrive (or will arrive without any damage). Particularly with popular titles.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I think this is also an good idea. It happens too often a tittle is gone, either from stock or by mail.
For the last month I now order 3 of each item I want to have, in the hope one will arrive (or will arrive without any damage). Particularly with popular titles.

Everybody in Canada does that when purchasing steelbooks from Best BUY.ca

I bet Zavvi thought they were on to a winner with this, assumed when they sold out twice on the early pre-orders meant the demand was huge, and likely added a good few thousand to their orders with Disney...

What they failed to understand is the artwork reveal caused a mountain of cancellations and with better options overseas and the same release in almost every country, those overseas customers added to the mountain of cancellations.

Now zavvi are probably regretting their greed, as the 3D version has lingered in stock for almost 3 WEEKS !, the 4K version will likely be around for a while as well.

It also says something when you can now get the 3D one on the bay for between £17-20 on auction, with over 80 listings at least.

I wonder if zavvi will have a price drop on this ?

More than when Zavvi first listed my guess...In other words, Zavvi added / offered more stock after being initially sold out

There was quite an uproar in Canada when these sold out at Best Buy well in advance.
It didn't help that somebody posted on the Best Buy forum that they were able to purchase 15 copies.

Then shortly after the release date they added more stock that lasted for a few days and the prices on eBay crashed.

Not much of a demand for them anymore.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
There was quite an uproar in Canada when these sold out at Best Buy well in advance.
It didn't help that somebody posted on the Best Buy forum that they were able to purchase 15 copies.

Then shortly after the release date they added more stock that lasted for a few days and the prices on eBay crashed.

Not much of a demand for them anymore.

Same thing will happen with Best Buy Canada's Wonder Woman steelbook.
It's been sold out for a month online and came back into stock today on release day.

So when it comes to Best Buy Canada's steelbook exclusives, don't rush to buy them on eBay.
The pattern now seems to be for Best Buy to release a ton on, or during release day/week.

And then the eBay prices crash.