Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: September 29, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥10,890

71kedSOj6-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

pricey but I may have too. its Guardians

anyone comfirm if the Japanese 3D discs keep the full screen scenes ie the taller IMAX ones? Would hate it if the whole thing is letterbox cropped in 3D, few things worse than 3D through black bars

pricey but I may have too. its Guardians

anyone comfirm if the Japanese 3D discs keep the full screen scenes ie the taller IMAX ones? Would hate it if the whole thing is letterbox cropped in 3D, few things worse than 3D through black bars
After black widow all of the 3D discs have had exactly the same ratio as the 2D and 4K discs. So unless disney turn tail this time, no, it won't have the IMAX ratio throughout like D+.

• Informative
Reactions: yeslek and Punker76
oh :(
well then maybe another premium edition
Unfortunately, Disney has no contract with any of the known editors of premium releases.
Nearly a year ago, there was a message on Manta Lab’s Facebook, which were telling about a contract with Disney, but the post disappeared… and no announcement since. So it seems this contract was snapped too.

After black widow all of the 3D discs have had exactly the same ratio as the 2D and 4K discs. So unless disney turn tail this time, no, it won't have the IMAX ratio throughout like D+.
Seriously? Urgh
Thats a definite no buy then

Such a shame to ruin the trilogy as i have the firet two with 3d IMAX ratio scenes in tact, and this one was gorgeous in full IMAX

Seriously? Urgh
Thats a definite no buy then

Such a shame to ruin the trilogy as i have the firet two with 3d IMAX ratio scenes in tact, and this one was gorgeous in full IMAX
Yep, unfortunately. The 2D/4K discs of this are however APPARENTLY getting a variable aspect ratio presentation.. it won't be IMAX though, as that was full 1.90.1 throughout.

There were some showings in constant width screens that switched between 2.35.1 and 1.85.1, which if you believe the reports, is what's going to be on the home media discs for whatever reason.

So while you won't get IMAX, all home media MAY get some form of "full screen" scenes, which is better than every other disc since Black Widow got.

I can see it confirmed on the back of the USA 4K amaray slip. Dynamic 2.35.1 and 1.85.1 ratio. The 3D should be the same.

71rrQzuPvvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yep, unfortunately. The 2D/4K discs of this are however APPARENTLY getting a variable aspect ratio presentation.. it won't be IMAX though, as that was full 1.90.1 throughout.

There were some showings in constant width screens that switched between 2.35.1 and 1.85.1, which if you believe the reports, is what's going to be on the home media discs for whatever reason.

So while you won't get IMAX, all home media MAY get some form of "full screen" scenes, which is better than every other disc since Black Widow got.
I dislike cropped, wider widescreen at the best of times, but especially when its 3D.
I can’t watch Thor(for example) as its 3D is like peering through a letterbox and the black bars ruin it (thor is one of the MCU movies, being in space, kinda, i believe is enhanced by the 3D format but it needs to be full screen - as far as i know, the firet Thor didnt hafe any IMAX or fullscreen scenes unlike later movies).
Even James Cameron knows 3D need to be full screen (or as tall an image as possible) as he opened up Titanic to full 16:9 (or close enough) for the 3D conversion and its GLORIOUS

Am still peed off to this dsy that Disney screwed us on the Avengers movies, both Infinity War / Endgame should have retained their IMAX format for the 3D discs, especially in UK and especially as movies released before and both (antman&wasp, Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc) all kept their 3D IMAX scenes.
I would have paid again for those two movies in fullscreen 3D if thats what it took for the greedy mouse l
The IMAX versions are glorious (and thanos head isn’t constantly cut off at the eyebrows in 90% of his appearances) on Disney+ but they really shone in 3d…same with this Guardians movie..most of the recent MCU bar Black Widow and possibly Eternals, would benefit from the 3D treatment. Anything in space looks so much better with 3D IMO.

I know 3d is basically dead, but I hoped i’d get a proper format for this trilogy…how wrong was I

The fact this had at least 3 different frame sizes(i saw 3% different presentations myself and apparently there are more out there), it will be interesting to see what is on each disc and on Disney + (its a full IMAX movie like IW and EG, but i also saw alternating aspect ratio and first time(releasemday) it was fully cropped, all the way through(and felt squished)

I dislike cropped, wider widescreen at the best of times, but especially when its 3D.
I can’t watch Thor(for example) as its 3D is like peering through a letterbox and the black bars ruin it (thor is one of the MCU movies, being in space, kinda, i believe is enhanced by the 3D format but it needs to be full screen - as far as i know, the firet Thor didnt hafe any IMAX or fullscreen scenes unlike later movies).
Even James Cameron knows 3D need to be full screen (or as tall an image as possible) as he opened up Titanic to full 16:9 (or close enough) for the 3D conversion and its GLORIOUS

Am still peed off to this dsy that Disney screwed us on the Avengers movies, both Infinity War / Endgame should have retained their IMAX format for the 3D discs, especially in UK and especially as movies released before and both (antman&wasp, Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc) all kept their 3D IMAX scenes.
I would have paid again for those two movies in fullscreen 3D if thats what it took for the greedy mouse l
The IMAX versions are glorious (and thanos head isn’t constantly cut off at the eyebrows in 90% of his appearances) on Disney+ but they really shone in 3d…same with this Guardians movie..most of the recent MCU bar Black Widow and possibly Eternals, would benefit from the 3D treatment. Anything in space looks so much better with 3D IMO.

I know 3d is basically dead, but I hoped i’d get a proper format for this trilogy…how wrong was I

The fact this had at least 3 different frame sizes(i saw 3% different presentations myself and apparently there are more out there), it will be interesting to see what is on each disc and on Disney + (its a full IMAX movie like IW and EG, but i also saw alternating aspect ratio and first time(releasemday) it was fully cropped, all the way through(and felt squished)
If you see a later post, I posted the specs for the home media blu-rays. They do have dynamic 1.85.1 to 2.35.1 switching. The 3D will be the same. The D+ version will be IMAX enhanced again, so that will have the full 1.90.1 IMAX presentation (or close to it, as I believe D+ crops those presentations slightly to be either 1.85.1 or 1.78.1 to fill more of your screen).

If you see a later post, I posted the specs for the home media blu-rays. They do have dynamic 1.85.1 to 2.35.1 switching. The 3D will be the same. The D+ version will be IMAX enhanced again, so that will have the full 1.90.1 IMAX presentation (or close to it, as I believe D+ crops those presentations slightly to be either 1.85.1 or 1.78.1 to fill more of your screen).
I did see it yes, thank you...Still needed a mini rant as changing ratio when there IS a full length IMAX version, honestly riles me more.

Does mean am now on the fence about this one....is GOTG..of all MCU titles, this is one I feel a NEED to own in 3D, even if only half will be full screen...

Urgh, first world decisions eh?

Thanks for all your replies though, truly appreciated :thanks: