Feb 23, 2012
Reading, England
Release date: November 2, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

received_4133609620095128.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabz brother does great work. Of course his plain archive work comes to mind. Melancholia - ZDT - The Master - OldBoy - TTSS

Great to see this release and at decent price :thanks:

I made a comment on Krzysztof's IG post saying I wish it was available in the UK, and he responded saying he hopes it will be at some point... dunno if he actually knows something or if it's just wishful thinking, but fingers crossed!

I made a comment on Krzysztof's IG post saying I wish it was available in the UK, and he responded saying he hopes it will be at some point... dunno if he actually knows something or if it's just wishful thinking, but fingers crossed!

I'm considering purchasing a few extras for some of these titles just to hold them for a bit...

The question I had, if it doesn't eventually show up in Europe, would folks want to source from the USA at that point?

I'm considering purchasing a few extras for some of these titles just to hold them for a bit...

The question I had, if it doesn't eventually show up in Europe, would folks want to source from the USA at that point?
There are a lot of instance in which, even though I'm in Europe, I'd still prefer ordering titles from the US - so I'd be all over this. Currently it's not only these Lionsgate titles that seem to be, for now, US exclusive (possibly also because a lot of their 4k titles are handled by StudioCanal in Europe). For instance there are those bizarre Universal steelbooks where the title is nonsensically removed from the front Art (while remaining on the spine) in Europe, which made me import a lot of those from the US. (I'm going to fooking freak if the European The Thing steels also come without the title - sometimes the mock-ups on the retailer websites are wrong, as was for example the case with Backdraft). Also often there's the issue with better finish on the US editions. And with this new wave of Disney 4k (catalogue) titles (maybe also with current stuff and all the Marvel sh!t, I wouldn't know because I usually don't care for those) starting with Speed and now Unbreakable and later Roger Rabbit I noticed that the US editions prominently feature the UHD logo on the upper side of the spine, while the UK editions have this riciculously tiny logo at the bottom; I much prefer the former, and if Speed was any indication, the finish will also be better on the US releases.

So, that's a big yes. :thanks:

Im french and i already took mine with your GB (thanks!) because im pretty sure it's Best Buy exclusive (like they say on the website).
I asked KD if it was US only and he said he doesn't know and hope it will be available in Europe but have no idea...

Reactions: apsmith21

That would definitely be very helpful (I'm more interested in the Best Buy American Psycho steel, but might be tempted by this as well). However, could you offload them without losing any $$$ if they did happen to turn up elsewhere? Would hate to think you held some back to be helpful, only for it to backfire on you. :dunno:

That would definitely be very helpful (I'm more interested in the Best Buy American Psycho steel, but might be tempted by this as well). However, could you offload them without losing any $$$ if they did happen to turn up elsewhere? Would hate to think you held some back to be helpful, only for it to backfire on you. :dunno:

that’s definitely a risk

Quality zero finish. Feels nice in hand and suits the artwork well. Arrived in a proper box with an air pack.
Yeah, it’s another really nice Lionsgate steel. I like how they’re now printing ‘first pressing’ where the case opens. I don’t know when they started but it’s also on the Apocalypse Now steel.

Reactions: thefly