E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

15585398_1210127352437572_1193725608576481596_o.jpg 15578128_1210127349104239_8645730014534951616_o.jpg

For a first time viewing this needs to be seen in the cinema
Why's that?

In this day of luxurious 65'' and upwards TV's and 4K UHD and top if the range audio equipment that can rival (or sometimes even surpass some theatres) is it more to do with other people's reactions whilst watching it?

This only works best with horror titles IMO.

Do, best film I've seen in a long time. Amazing story and amazing man. What's more amazing is that they've never made a film about him before.

I'll try to this week. It's been moved to a one session/day at 11:30 PM so I think it'll be removed from the theatres here soon (been playing for about a month), might go tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the advice. I saw the trailer weeks ago and really liked it. I'll take a Hacksaw Ridge - just from seeing the trailer - any day over a Fifty Shades whatchamacallit.

Mel is back and it's about GD time. This guy sure knows how to direct a movie. Watched this inspiring film last night and I absolutely loved it. I can't recommended it enough :thumbs: This is definitely top on my list of the most anticipated releases from Filmrarena.

It's just an example. I did say 65'' and UPWARDS.

It doesn't matter how big a cinema screen is if the quality isn't up to scratch....
What is a sad fact:
A lot of current moviegoers don't remember the sharpness and superior resolution of projected film.
And, sadly, projected digital files 9 times out of 10 look soft and washed out.
Digital may be coming closer to the resolution of film- but they haven't figured out how to project it on screens in a satisfactory way.
I would prefer the cinema for big films- but the fact is, I can produce a much better experience on my system at home.
(Even the Passive 3D at the theater is no match for my Active 3D on a 75" screen).

What is a sad fact:
A lot of current moviegoers don't remember the sharpness and superior resolution of projected film.
And, sadly, projected digital files 9 times out of 10 look soft and washed out.
Digital may be coming closer to the resolution of film- but they haven't figured out how to project it on screens in a satisfactory way.
I would prefer the cinema for big films- but the fact is, I can produce a much better experience on my system at home.
(Even the Passive 3D at the theater is no match for my Active 3D on a 75" screen).

Sorry to quote an old post but this is an excellent post. For all those who think Digital projection is superior. :)

I know. Can't wait :ohno:

I'm wondering if this will be the European steelbook or WEA like Logan?
WEA, though it's still pretty similar to the U.K. steel.

I'm still on the fence about nabbing this release. The film is unevenly paced and punctuated by some laughably schlocky bits throughout. Keep your expectations reasonable and you probably won't be disappointed. Think more Fury/We Were Soldiers than Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down.

I do seem to be in the minority in my opinion, so your mileage may vary of course. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012