Mondo Halloween (1978) - OST (John Carpenter) (Clear with Orange and Black Splatter Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: Mondo (Pre Order live on Wednesday October 3, 2018 at noon CT time)
Price: $32.00
Notes: 180 Gram - Mono - Clear with Orange and Black Splatter vinyl exclusive to Mondo Website.
Retail variant also available Orange vinyl
IMG_20181001_181144.jpg

Last edited:
That slipbox is beautiful! I'd really only like the scores for H1 and H2, but I really want that slipbox now.

I'm getting all 5 soundtracks
My wallet will be empty :rofl:

Some Blu-ray Pre Orders getting cancelled to fund this
It's a must have to be in my collection

I will order on Wednesday the Halloween 4/5 Bundle
I wonder what shipping cost will be with the slipcase included

DEATH WALTZ RECORDING CO.
HALLOWEEN: 40th Anniversary Edition - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP.
Music by John Carpenter. 40th Anniversary Soundtrack produced in association with Alan Howarth. Artwork by Mike Saputo. Expected to Ship in mid-October. $32

The first LP album of HALLOWEEN - released in 1982 - was a stereo remix of the original 16 masters by Alan Howarth with instructions from John Carpenter to re-mix the tracks to represent the best sound of the music, and not necessarily commit to match the music as mixed for the film. In our 40th anniversary release, Alan Howarth carefully transferred the film's music stem and assembled the score in chronological order as presented in the movie; the listener can visualize the film in their mind's eye while taking a musical journey of the most famous horror score ever! It’s the first time it’s been presented in this manner, and is absolutely terrifying!

Featuring all new artwork by Mike Saputo, mastered for the format, and pressed on 180 Gram Clear with Orange and Black Splatter vinyl (also available on 180 Gram Orange vinyl).

IMG_20181001_181144.jpg Halloween_BC_SPINE_1024x1024_6e0fe441-3484-491e-87f4-b2f5f0dd7459_1024x1024.jpg Halloween_GATE_1024x1024_cropped_0cd65534-911b-42af-8208-dd0919870a0f_1024x1024.jpg Halloween_Disc_1_1024x1024.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Ok, to those that have been following along with these releases and that picked up the slip... I'm just curious: What do you think of the art?

While I dig it, and definitely appreciate the simplicity (esp after H2), it isn't quite the jaw dropper I was hoping for (no, I have no idea what I was hoping for and yes, I'm still ordering it!)

Ok, to those that have been following along with these releases and that picked up the slip... I'm just curious: What do you think of the art?

While I dig it, and definitely appreciate the simplicity (esp after H2), it isn't quite the jaw dropper I was hoping for (no, I have no idea what I was hoping for and yes, I'm still ordering it!)

I like it, but I don't love it. I was hoping for something truly spectacular for the original film on its 40th anniversary. I'm bummed that I never got the original Mondo release because that artwork was much better.

Reactions: Flloydo
It's been cool to see what they've come up with but none of having in all honesty have been amazing. I wish they went with some sort of consistency. Don't get why he's peering through rain covered glass, it only rained at the beginning of the movie when he escaped

I like it, but I don't love it. I was hoping for something truly spectacular for the original film on its 40th anniversary. I'm bummed that I never got the original Mondo release because that artwork was much better.
I feel the same way. I've seen that one go for some big bucks on ebay!

...Don't get why he's peering through rain covered glass, it only rained at the beginning of the movie when he escaped
I was wondering the same thing and thinking I may have missed something, or just completely forgot...?

Okay so that’s not bad. It’s not amazing but it’s definately one of the better artworks out of the bunch. Up there with the Halloween 4 art imo. Both not amazing but not sh!t either

Assuming zavvi will have it listed after Wednesday like the other 4, ill order it from them

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Tracklist
Side A
01. Halloween Theme 2:21
02. Michael Kills Judith 3:38
03. Shape Escape 1:40
04. Myers’ House 4:07
05. Shape in the Shadows 2:47
06. Laurie’s Theme 2:31
07. Nightfall in Haddonfield 3:04
08. Backyard 1:48

Side B
01. Killing Spree 2:39
02. Run and Hide 4:43
03. Love Death 2:44
04. Shadowed Streets 2:19
05. The Shape Stalking 2:40
06. He’s In The House 4:14
07. Was it the Boogie Man 1:07
08. Halloween Theme (Reprise) 3:36

Note
The Clear with Orange and Black Splatter vinyl variant is exclusive to Mondo Website.

Retail variant is Orange Vinyl available from usual UK/US online retail websites