Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

H20 UK.jpg

81rSep4d+aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gP4yBFDIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81joxtFJ1ZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81-NBX3N6RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61z87+Iq4xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
two annoyances.

One: the forced language selection. 2023 and still a player and disc can’t figure out the language selection automatically?

Two: another uninspired menu picture. I thought 4K discs were premium products, but they seem to choose the crappiest image for the menu (see Shooter, The Running Man).
One: yeah I agree and why is English (not always) at the bottom :mad:
Two: we haven't had decent menu's since DVD really.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Two: another uninspired menu picture. I thought 4K discs were premium products, but they seem to choose the crappiest image for the menu (see Shooter, The Running Man).

I think 99% of all Blu-Rays and UHDs have simple or no menu. Ever since the first standardized HD DVD and BD Universal and Warner side-menu and pop-up list menu, I was disappointed. The art of elaborate, animated menus, that sometimes even had special actor bits recorded just for it, are gone.
I blame zoomers, and all those that moaned with them, that just want to start watching right away, and skip credits at the end too.

Reactions: TGO
Has anyone tried the Blu ray of this edition as mine has all the appearance of being the UK paramount release but when I put it on there's only the option of German or French languages! The menu art is very similar to the one available on Amazon.fr . This was bought via e bay as a pre order.

Has anyone tried the Blu ray of this edition as mine has all the appearance of being the UK paramount release but when I put it on there's only the option of German or French languages! The menu art is very similar to the one available on Amazon.fr . This was bought via e bay as a pre order.
Sounds like you got an import. If yours doesn't have the UK red age ratings logos on it (18) , then that's what's happened, Otherwise, no idea !

I bought the US version in the hope that it wouldn’t have the language menu - I was wrong. The gloss finish is nicer, but nothing to get bent out of shape over in my opinion. It’s not THAT amazing. Another difference, the US is 4K plus digital, the UK is 4K plus blu ray. Curious.

I also bought the US version of Mask of Zorro because with that I thought the UK finish was a disappointment. I received a dented one…twice. So I’ll stick with the UK steelbook.