Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

H20 UK.jpg

81rSep4d+aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gP4yBFDIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81joxtFJ1ZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81-NBX3N6RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61z87+Iq4xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
PET slip sticker, win. I really can't tell if that's a glossy or zero finish... it's reflective, but think I saw streaks. Video is too quick

Reactions: Roofr4sh
I was convinced it was gloss but now you've got me questioning it :cautious:
I thought it was too first watch, then second guessed myself. You can kinda see streaks along the rear left, the split second when he flips it over. The video is too quick to tell for sure.

PET slip sticker, win. I really can't tell if that's a glossy or zero finish... it's reflective, but think I saw streaks. Video is too quick
Think its zero. Front could be spot gloss though. You can defo see streaks on the video near his thumb when he turns it but it’s rapid

At this part

690655FD-BA9D-4B5A-A165-9325C5911EC3.jpeg

Think its zero. Front could be spot gloss though. You can defo see streaks on the video near his thumb when he turns it but it’s rapid

At this part

View attachment 563388
Yep, that's the bit I caught on the 2nd watch too. I don't think it'll be spot, the back shouldn't look like that if it were matte over gloss. Zero all over. Same situation with Scream 2 and event horizon. Catalogue paramount strikes again. Oh well.

Reactions: Flloydo

That has some kind of gloss to it. I've seen streaky glossy steelbooks before. Disney/Marvel has made a lot of them. The Star Wars poster art steelbooks were streaky glossy.

That has some kind of gloss to it. I've seen streaky glossy steelbooks before. Disney/Marvel has made a lot of them. The Star Wars poster art steelbooks were streaky glossy.
The UK steel? I'll be surprised if it is. It looks zero to me, just in a very bright room, held at reflective angles. I know what you mean, I have seen what look like print streaks on some glossy UK steels before, I don't think the star wars ones do though personally.. they don't look like the back of this steel anyway..

The UK steel? I'll be surprised if it is. It looks zero to me, just in a very bright room, held at reflective angles. I know what you mean, I have seen what look like print streaks on some glossy UK steels before, I don't think the star wars ones do though personally.. they don't look like the back of this steel anyway..

The North American Star Wars poster art steelbooks had streaky gloss. I take back my H20 gloss comment. I'm not saying that the UK H20 is a full glossy steelbook. I'm just going to say that if that's a zero finish then zero finish steelbooks have a shine to them. I think it looks good.

If people want to say that a zero finish steelbook will have a shine to it in the light, then fine. But doesn't a glossy steelbook also need light to shine? I mean, who really checks out their steelbooks in a room without light? Except the glow-in-the-dark steelbooks. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: samdavies
The U.S. Star Wars steelbooks had streaky gloss. I take it back my H20 gloss comment I'm not saying that the H20 is a full glossy steelbook. I'm just going to say that if that's a zero finish then zero finish steelbooks have a shine to them. I think it looks good.

If people want to say that a zero finish steelbook will have a shine to it in the light, then fine. But doesn't a glossy steelbook also need light to shine? I mean, who really checks out their steelbooks in a room without light? Except the glow-in-the-dark steelbooks. ;)
The US star wars steels. The old 1080p ones from fox? Right, gotcha. I haven't got those, so I couldn't say.

I'm sure @paulboland could give you a whole lecture on zero finish steels, but yes they do have a sheen to them. A step up from matte, but still a few steps away from gloss.

We need a Scanovo expert in here to detail the process. Has there ever been a look behind the scenes at Steelbook manufacturing

The US star wars steels. The old 1080p ones from fox? Right, gotcha. I haven't got those, so I couldn't say.

I'm sure @paulboland could give you a whole lecture on zero finish steels, but yes they do have a sheen to them. A step up from matte, but still a few steps away from gloss.
No I meant the The North American Star Wars poster art steelbooks had streaky gloss.