Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

masterchiefcollection.jpg

Halo 1 - 4 on one disc, coming November 11th.

Microsoft and 343 Industries just announced Halo: The Master Chief collection. That's Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 coming to Xbox One on one disc.

Halo 2 gets the anniversary make over. And the collection will feature custom playlists mixing the game modes and maps from all 4 games to play in one mode.

There's over 100 maps, running at 1080p 60fps and 4000 Gamerscore points.

Collection also launches with Halo: Nightfall, an upcoming Halo mini film as well as the Halo 5: Guardians beta.

Attachments

• HMCC.jpg
    HMCC.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,058
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: herpderp
I'm not an Xbox guy, but Microsoft has put together one helluva nice-looking set with these Halo HD remakes. I'd buy these in a heartbeat if I had an XOne.

Reactions: Noodles
I'm not an Xbox guy, but Microsoft has put together one helluva nice-looking set with these Halo HD remakes. I'd buy these in a heartbeat if I had an XOne.

I completely agree... I was blown away by this announcement. It's definitely made me consider getting an XB1!

This is a MUST OWN for me. Being able to play the old multiplayer maps gets me so excited. Pumped!

...And guys. Xbox One dropped $100 bucks today! (the Kinect-less bundle). Perfect time to pick one up!

Last edited:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection includes every multiplayer map from Halo 1-4. Today those maps have been listed...

Halo: Combat Evolved

Battle Creek
Blood Gulch
Boarding Action
Chill Out
Chiron TL-34
Damnation
Danger Canyon (PC)
Death Island (PC)
Derelict
Gephyrophobia (PC)
Hang ‘Em High
Ice Fields (PC)
Infinity (PC)
Longest
Prisoner
Rat Race
Sidewinder
Timberland (PC)
Wizard

Halo 2

Ascension
Backwash
Beaver Creek
Burial Mounds
Coagulation
Colossus
Containment
Desolation
District (PC)
Elongation
Foundation
Gemini
Headlong
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Relic
Sanctuary
Terminal
Tombstone
Turf
Uplift (PC)
Warlock
Waterworks
Zanzibar

Halo 2 maps remastered using Halo 4's engine (some still to be announced)

Ascension
Lockout
Zanzibar

Halo 3

Assembly
Avalanche
Blackout
Boundless
Citadel
Cold Storage
Construct
Epilogue
Epitaph
Foundry
Ghost Town
Guardian
Heretic
High Ground
Isolation
Last Resort
Longshore
Onslaught
Orbital
Pit Stop
Rat’s Nest
Sandbox
Sandtrap
Snowbound
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

Halo 4

Abandon
Adrift
Ascent
Complex
Daybreak
Erosion
Exile
Forge Island
Grifball Court
Harvest
Haven
Impact
Landfall
Longbow
Meltdown
Monolith
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall
Ragnarok
Ravine
Relay
Settler
Shatter
Skyline
Solace
Vertigo
Vortex
Wreckage

Reactions: Outlaw1986 and kaw
I find it a tad odd how quickly they are starting the beta for Halo5 after this is released. Nov11 this comes out and Dec27 the beta. Thought they might give a little more breathing room haha.

Originally wasn't going to bother with this bundle release but now Halo 2 is getting an update its becoming extremely tempting.

343 Industries Studio community manager Andy Dudynsky has revealed in a new Q&A that work on the Halo Master Chief collection began “several years ago,” before Halo 4 shipped.

Dudynsky revealed a lot of information in the Q&A, such as the fact that not only will The Master Chief Collection arrive at retail, but will also launch as a digital download, with all of the same bonus extras.

Later on in the Q&A he also confirmed that spectator mode is being dropped.

“By leveraging the Xbox One platform we’re able to take advantage of Twitch functionality to provide a spectator experience that will allow online players to stream their matches, speedruns, Forge sessions and more. However, there is not a dedicated in-game specific spectator mode.”

Other information revealed that Halo 2 will come with post-patch multiplayer.

“We are making huge investments to deliver a premium experience at 1080p, 60 fps,” he said. “Having said that, the original game had a lot of dependencies running at 30 fps so we are focusing on making sure Halo 2 plays the way it did “post-patch.” Gameplay will feel the way you remember it.”

Finally he also revealed that it is not coming to Xbox 360.

“We do not have any plans to bring the game to Xbox 360 as the game size, enhanced features and technical specifications simply can’t support it.”

You can read the full Q&A here.

IGN's been releasing some 1080P/60 videos of each Halo game on this disc, and they do look pretty great. I never was a Halo fan, but the Missus has loved the series since the very first one, so i'll be picking this up for sure. I might even get a second controller to do some Co-Op with her.

Only downside to this release is the ridiculous 20GB day one download, which is required to run the multiplayer side of things. I feel bad for those with slow internet and / or bandwith limitations.