Hancock (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: January 25th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sat Dec 12,2015 18:00 BST)
Price: £12.99

11211814-1174348772811516.jpg

11211814-1674349483472645.jpg 11211814-1714348773014124.jpg 11211814-2304348772937222.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The front looks okay but not a fan of the rest.
Massive spoiler on the back!!!! Strange they done that.

Reactions: schrute farms
I know I must have seen this movie years ago but I honestly can't remember if I enjoyed it or not. But I do love Charlize Theron so I may pick this one up at some point if there is a price drop - I do like the front though. Looks nice :)

ZVC5 is meant to work until the 31st of this month but I can't get it to work either . . .

Regarding the 2010 German "Extended Version" steelbook that has been mentioned - with very similar artwork to this but with the ugly blue banner header - only better than this if it's true that it has a second BD (of extras not included elsewhere OR is the second disc a DVD ?).
It is listed by BR.com as 2 BDs though elsewhere (Amazon.com) it is listed as 1 BD though the Amazon.com listing is an odd one because despite it reading "Hancock Blu-ray Steelbook - German Import" the picture in the listing is of "Diabolica Tentacion aka Jennifer's Body" with as nice pic of Megan Fox on the cover.
The "Extended or 'R' Version" bit just means it has an extra 10 minutes of bad language and other stuff cut from the PG-13 cinema release.

Basically what SHOULD have happened with the SPECTRE steelbook release - PG cinema release plus the unreleased cut containing the bits the distributor cut out on the advice of the BBFC .

The U.K. steelbook is 1 BD with I'd guess the same disc as in the original 2009 Amaray release which has both cuts of the film - the original theatrical version and the extended cut with the extra 10 mins.

Looks like this has been re-mastered in 4K for release in The States in March so my opinion of the timing of this U.K. steelbook release is that it's a cynical move to off-load old discs in nice new shiny packaging . . .

P.S. Don't forget Amazon's BIGTHANKS promo code - for today only (THE 22ND) - for a tenner off any order over GBP 50.

Last edited:
GBP 9.99 at the time of writing which would be a decent enough pre-order price for a new release catalogue title :thumbs:
Will be picking this one up as soon as I can find a working code to reduce this figure to my price point.
Same applies to "Bridge on the River Kwai" and "Tears of the Sun".
Hoping for a similar price reduction on the superior product that is "BB 2" but consider it unlikely in the near future.

EDIT: Can't find any code to work for these 3 so will unfortunately have to wait for a price drop (to GBP 7.99/8.99).

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom
Ordered this, Reservoir Dogs mondo, Kickboxer Cabin Fever. Arrived today and charged at the dropped price. Don't know if it was a mistake on their part but they did sure put the prices up quickly. With the 10% off when you buy 2 deal these were a very welcome bargain! :naughty::thumbs:

Reactions: Mobley