Director: John Woo
Writers: John Woo, Barry Wong, Gordon Chan
Starring: Yun-Fat Chow, Anthony Chau-Sang Wong, Philip Chan
Language:Cantonese, Mandarin
Subtitles:English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital EX(TM) / THX Surround EX(TM), Dolby TrueHD

Last edited:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
oh hell yes. :woot: if this is being released, is it too much to hope for a pimped up release from Eureka!, Nova, Plain, or similar? :watch: :wow:

At this point - I don't even need pimping! I just want GOOD transfers of Hard Boiled and The Killer!
They have been notorious for never having good enough elements for good transfers.
I am going to get this in the hopes that a 2019 edition that says "remastered" will finally be the great transfer!

Wait...
John Woo is IN the movie THE KILLER (he's the bartender).
So you watched THE KILLER with John Woo (because he is in it).
Or you actually watched THE KILLER with John Woo (as in - he was in the room) ?

...With mr. John Woo in the room. (To make sure : as in - he was in the room) :D

(Can one call theater a room ? Yes, it's kinda room. Only couple of seats away, he sat. After movie he held Q & A)

Did he enjoy the movie?:LOL:
Was it a retrospective screening or when it came out?

It was time when it came out. He hadn't done any Hollywood movies yet. His English wasn't very good. Very polite charming man. And the first was Q : why don't guns in your movies ever run out of bullets ? (something like that) And if I remember correctly he said loading wasn't cool/poetic, took time away from action. Broke it up. Something like that.

Did he enjoy the movie, did not have to check him out, my eyes were glued to the silver screen. This was new thing to me. This bulled ballet. And Chow Yun-Fat, what a guy !

I only went to see because the movie had such cool reviews, knew actually nothing else about HK genre or these guys. Been fan ever since. After that bought ticket to Hard Boiled. It was in the same Film Festival. These films were never brought to Finland to "normal" theaters at the time ... (did not have Finnish subs, Eng only, but that was ok - tho at the times they moved pretty fast)

Reactions: C.C. 95
It was time when it came out. He hadn't done any Hollywood movies yet. His English wasn't very good. Very polite charming man. And the first was Q : why don't guns in your movies ever run out of bullets ? (something like that) And if I remember correctly he said loading wasn't cool/poetic, took time away from action. Broke it up. Something like that.

Did he enjoy the movie, did not have to check him out, my eyes were glued to the silver screen. This was new thing to me. This bulled ballet. And Chow Yun-Fat, what a guy !

I only went to see because the movie had such cool reviews, knew actually nothing else about HK genre or these guys. Been fan ever since. After that bought ticket to Hard Boiled. It was in the same Film Festival. These films were never brought to Finland to "normal" theaters at the time ... (did not have Finnish subs, Eng only, but that was ok - tho at the times they moved pretty fast)
Yeah, I was in film school in the early 90s when the Woo films dropped. Everyone was pretty blown away. Nobody had ever seen anything like that. We saw The Killer and Hard-Boiled on 35mm prints - and there were no English VHS versions- so people were scrambling to get bootlegs or Asian import Laserdiscs. It was almost a status symbol if you had copies of Woo films.
Of course, that opened everyone up to the work of other directors in HK like Ringo Lam, Tsui Hark, Stephen Chow, Wong Kar-Wai, etc.
The floodgates opened.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet