Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #176) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 19, 2024
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1999 CZK

received_1000761337583820.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blufans is nice but will want this too.

One day there will be a full set of potters.

Idk, I prefer the blufans set. Blufans SL is better, it's got all these extras and more, I do like the FAC lenti magnet though.

Definitely agree the Blufans release is better overall with the outer slip and I do prefer the lenti but don’t dislike this one.

Happy to double dip though.

Definitely agree the Blufans release is better overall with the outer slip and I do prefer the lenti but don’t dislike this one.

Happy to double dip though.
I'm actually not a big fan of the outter slip OAB releases. Quality is fine and everything, but the extra folder and lenti slips are just rammed in there so tight, it's impossible to get them in/out without damage. My HP slip is in a protector separately.

I'm actually not a big fan of the outter slip OAB releases. Quality is fine and everything, but the extra folder and lenti slips are just rammed in there so tight, it's impossible to get them in/out without damage. My HP slip is in a protector separately.

I don’t mean I am in general but the HP one I think is high quality. The outer slips adds to the package for that release for sure. Without it, there wouldn’t be much between these releases overall as while the BF slip lenti is better, the extra magnetic lenti for FAC is very good.

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah, and glad I didn't buy it separately, or in a $120 Blufans edition.
FAC will be almost half that, and better.
It's about the same really. The only difference is the slip and loose lenticular, but the Blufans edition has the Hogwarts Express ticket, poster and extra outer slip. I think those last three things give Blufans a slight edge, but the differences are marginal. Both editions have the same steel, cards, folder and booklet. Once you add shipping, the FAC edition will probably be about the same cost as the Blufans edition, but I don't know what price Filmarena will be charging for it. Their website hasn't posted a price yet.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
It's about the same really. The only difference is the slip and loose lenticular, but the Blufans edition has the Hogwarts Express ticket, poster and extra outer slip. I think those last three things give Blufans a slight edge, but the differences are marginal. Both editions have the same steel, cards, folder and booklet. Once you add shipping, the FAC edition will probably be about the same cost as the Blufans edition, but I don't know what price Filmarena will be charging for it. Their website hasn't posted a price yet.
You're right, all the cards and booklet look to be the same, but the fullslip art is different, I think it looks better here, less 'photoshoppy'. Bigger outer Blufans box looks nice, but I think is a useless overkill, and I don't care about the ticket.
I'm usually able to get FAC editions for $70-80 shipped.

If you're ordering this direct to the UK (when FAC strip out VAT) I'd expect this to be 2,300 CZK shipped, same as Shawshank. That's about $109 USD. Blufans was $115 USD via the HDN GB. For 6 bucks more, thats the better deal imo. FAC are too pricey.

Reactions: vinny
Hey guys

Mini GBs for this and the other four new FA releases will happen today. Around 7PM CET. Copies are quite limited, but thats the best we could do.

Reactions: Bungral
If you're ordering this direct to the UK (when FAC strip out VAT) I'd expect this to be 2,300 CZK shipped, same as Shawshank. That's about $109 USD. Blufans was $115 USD via the HDN GB. For 6 bucks more, thats the better deal imo. FAC are too pricey.
Paid for a group order directly just now, 10 FACs, 4 of them for me, with tax subtracted and shipping 2700CZK, it came to about $85 each for mine.
They are getting more and more expensive each year, used to be $75, but that's expected with 15% inflation, so to say... :sour:

Paid for a group order directly just now, 10 FACs, 4 of them for me, with tax subtracted and shipping 2700CZK, it came to about $85 each for mine.
They are getting more and more expensive each year, used to be $75, but that's expected with 15% inflation, so to say... :sour:
I expect you had a bulk discount then, and/or shipping is much cheaper to you than me lol if you were to buy this one direct to the UK thats 2,300czk, which is about $107 today :confused:

Feels absolutely terrific since i'm from EU and i don't get hit with VAT like most of you in this case. ^_^

I can tell you many years ago, FAC was around 1000 CZK + shipping ... they had creativity, we had some effects on visuals.
Since they started to make XL editions, prices was more, and once more expensive when we got the option for 4K disc.

I would agree to pay the price which is now ... 1800 CZK for a FAC , but with condition we would get WEA steelbooks and some effects on Fullslip.

Glad to live in Europ, I don't have customs tax to pay.

With your price for $85, you need to add shipping charges + customs fees if you're outside Europe

You talk about inflation, there was no inflation some years ago, and price was also expensive .... it's just their policy, they are too gand they can't even succeed to deal with studios to get better visuals.

I'm sure old collectors people stop buying FAC since long time, due to prices & quality ... and maybe FA does not have enough cash now, that why maybe they made old titles editions

I can tell you many years ago, FAC was around 1000 CZK + shipping ... they had creativity, we had some effects on visuals.
Since they started to make XL editions, prices was more, and once more expensive when we got the option for 4K disc.

I would agree to pay the price which is now ... 1800 CZK for a FAC , but with condition we would get WEA steelbooks and some effects on Fullslip.

Glad to live in Europ, I don't have customs tax to pay.

With your price for $85, you need to add shipping charges + customs fees if you're outside Europe

You talk about inflation, there was no inflation some years ago, and price was also expensive .... it's just their policy, they are too gand they can't even succeed to deal with studios to get better visuals.

I'm sure old collectors people stop buying FAC since long time, due to prices & quality ... and maybe FA does not have enough cash now, that why maybe they made old titles editions
I know, I'm buying them from the beginning, only missed the first three, got FAC #4 The Maze Runner and #6 The Equalizer, intentionally skipping over #5 Dracula Untold.
So I'm an 'old collector', I didn't stop buying FACs.
$85 is with shipping, and it's lower precisely because they subtract their substantial tax, but I 'ain't gotta add nothin', tax free €1000 per parcel, 'yeehaw'. :D

season 14 episode 13 GIF