USA:
RELEASE DATE: Feb. 25, 2014
PRICE (at time of posting): $174.99
ORDER: Amazon
CANADA

MEXICO

ITALY

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. My Blu-Ray isnt region free.
Might wait and hope for the UK edition come down in price.
When a blu ray is region free, it means it can play on any blu ray player in the world. So yes you can play the usa set on yours, just cant use the dvd. The uk one is on lightning deal tomorrow at amazon.

Reactions: kierano
When a blu ray is region free, it means it can play on any blu ray player in the world. So yes you can play the usa set on yours, just cant use the dvd. The uk one is on lightning deal tomorrow at amazon.
Thanks for the info. I would like to be able to play the dvds also. The set is for my daughter. She has discovered Harry Potter during the summer. I will keep an eye on the set tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Excuse me I meant Italian. No matter since I jumped on the U.S. version yesterday and used my $45 in Amazon credit.
No i did mean the language...because i bought it as it seems to be same discs worldwide and there isnt a booklet or anything, so didnt think the language would make a difference. If it does, then i would like to know and i will buy the uk set and just sell the european one off.

No i did mean the language...because i bought it as it seems to be same discs worldwide and there isnt a booklet or anything, so didnt think the language would make a difference. If it does, then i would like to know and i will buy the uk set and just sell the european one off.

@Dhiraj1

The Blu-ray discs are indeed the same worldwide with multiple language and sub-title options and user friendly menus. Anyone, anywhere would be able to play them with ease, irrespective of which region their Blu-ray player is locked to. So language is not a problem in respect of the discs.

As regards a book, there isn't one with this edition. The book, together with other various extras, was in the previous "Wizard's Collection" released in 2012, long out of print and only available now for silly money on the secondary market. So language is not a problem in that respect either.

@kierano

The deal on the French edition from amazon.fr, that I posted about above (#58), would have been perfect for you. Only EUR 65 (£52). Low shipping costs to the UK. No additional VAT to pay. Region Free Blu-rays and Region 2 DVDs. Unfortunately, the deal expired a few hours ago and it's now back up to EUR 102 (£82).

I hope you'll be able to get as good a deal with the UK edition from amazon.co.uk. Their lightning deal starts Monday evening at 1910 hrs. Good luck.

Finally picking this up. Was 99$ CDN during black friday, plus I had a 34$ discount at amazon, so was able to grab it fairly cheap. I've been living with the original 8 pack for years.

Missed it the first time around, so I'm hoping they put it back up as a "second chance" deal... would love to get this!

Same here. I had it in my basket and didn't check out. Hoping it comes back as a second chance