Heat (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Mar 21, 2021
Release date: August 9, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6469388_sd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got at least three steelbooks of it already, even though it's Heat, I might save the money.
Looks too much like a 5-minute photoshop job by an eager intern.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Jeez, they're ready to milk anything now, even Heat.
Even from the same author, I don't think there's anything else needed to be said about all those characters, especially without the actors they're firmly associated with.
Michael Mann better try with whole new characters then, just in the same style and cop genre he's so good at, and in the form of a TV series, because his Robbery Homicide Division was really good, but wasn't appreciated at the time for some reason. I think now there's a whole segment of audience, like me, who grew up, and in need if quality material like that (not that I didn't like it then, just saying in general, on behalf of others).

I made a post and then deleted it yesterday about how I wish they would stop trying to upgrade previous releases.

Supposedly everybody says they can't wait to get a 4K release of past movies.

Why? All I ever see are people complaining about how they seem to look worse or a different colour or tint.

These directors keep f****** it up. Just stop already.

The uptick in detail level and better grain reproduction are actually quite impressive on the UHD, even compared to the already 4k remastered Blu-ray:

Capture1-kl.PNG
Capture2-kl.PNG

Capture3-kl.PNG
Capture4-kl.PNG

Also, the previous Blu had already the new color grade, I find the UHD makes the colors a little less bluish/steely. Low bitrate is a bit of a bummer, but I guess you can't expect Disney to go for a BD100.
As for the darker image - certainly depends on the display and its tone-mapping capabilities. Looking forward to checking it out for myself.
Also, I guess the older remastered Blu-ray is also part of the package, and I don't yet own that one, so with the new set you have all the options, fine with me.

I'll take my chances with this one and see what I think when I get it in person.

I don't trust Disney to do any better in the future. At least Fox did this one.

I haven't found an unboxing video for the US release yet but I read elsewhere from somebody who already received it that the steelbook has a gloss finish.

Hopefully there will be a video somewhere soon.

Reactions: goufcustom
Here's a quick unboxing video. Not a very good one but it's short and I'm just posting it so you can see that it's glossy for the few seconds that you actually get to see it.

Looks really good. Especially the colour.

Reactions: goufcustom
I preordered mine when it first went up and apparently Best Buy doesn’t think they’ll be able to fill my order now. Pretty irritating considering some people are canceling preorders, send that one to me! Lol