Price: £29.99
Note: Includes exclusive slipcase with 4 art cards

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 22.34.01.png

12091648-9364681332791943.jpg
12091648-7654681332863154.jpg
12091648-8284664979673800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
Got a surprise invite to go and see this. Went into this cold - I knew it was a Neil Marshall, so gore was a given, and Milla was in there somewhere.

Bias: I rate the Pearlman pair as watch once chaff. Neil Marshall made Centurion (a favourite of mine) and Dog Soldiers (the only werewolf film I like).

So, head first and I know that voiceover: Ian McShane. Damn but him playing supernaturally aspected father/boss figures is becoming as prevalent as Bill Nighy doing monster lords.

This film is crazy. It knows it's a ridiculous concept and runs with it. There are even nods to Python in this madcap piece that suffers from pacing issues and occasional low grade CGI, but nothing a good bloodbath can't get around. Driving soundtrack (drives the film or it'll drive you nuts), foul mouthed, bloodsoaked entertainment. Borrows from Arthurian folklore, South American folklore and Russian folklore at various times.

I'm not sure how, but this works. Thoroughly, absolutely, enjoyed it.

However, if you liked the Ron Pearlman films, you might want to give this one a swerve.

And there are two end credit scenes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
So, this -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------or this for the UK? -------------------------------------------------I
1560340961131.png
or
1560422133541.png

Both look fine to me so either (or both) would be welcome although I suspect we'll be getting the Mike Mignola here in the UK . . . the double-sided art with the new title position would edge it for me though.

Looks decent. Will need to see the finished product before I bite. Steel and slip

Mike Mignola art on a steel? Sign me up! :D

Obviously love the fact it also comes with a slip featuring the theatrical poster art, so we have the best of both worlds with this release.

Decent price for once too, considering they usually charge that much just for a 4K steelbook alone.

More editions like this (at that price) please Zavvi. :thumbs:

I like this art, but would like to inc 3D. So pass ... Not seen the movie so might pass the whole thing in the end ... lol.

Bravo! At least for 30 quid they're starting to give us more than just a steelbook . . . although not for me, that slip would definitely go better with the other steelbook methinks:-
1560472079931.png
Capture.PNG
1560472137501.png

Pre-ordered. Quite like the steel art and the Slipbox resembles @Noodles concept a little, so I'm quite happy with this:thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles