Hellraiser 1-3 (Blu-ray SteelBook & Collector's Edition) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 6, 2020 - January 20, 2020
Purchase links: Steelbook - Collector's Edition (Pre order will be live on Friday November 29 at Midday 12pm UK Time)
Price: £17.99 (Steelbook) - £149.99 (Steelbook Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector's Edition Limited to 500 - The SteelBook is housed in the base of the sumptuously designed, resin-made & hand-painted Pinhead Bust, and this all comes boxed in Lament Configuration packaging.

12338121-1794715455164411.jpg 12278364-2144721226462252.jpg

Last edited:
SPECIAL FEATURES:

• Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
  • Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II
  • Lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 sound for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all three films
DISC 1 – HELLRAISER

• Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
  • Audio commentary with writer/director Clive Barker
  • Audio commentary with Barker and actress Ashley Laurence
  • Leviathan: The Story of Hellraiser – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellraiser, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellraiser – actor Sean Chapman talks candidly about playing the character of Frank Cotton in Barker’s original
  • Soundtrack Hell: The Story of the Abandoned Coil Score – Coil member Stephen Thrower on the Hellraiser score that almost was
  • Hellraiser: Resurrection – vintage featurette including interviews with Clive Barker, actors Doug Bradley and Ashley Laurence, special make-up effects artist Bob Keen and others
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser
  • Original EPK featuring on-set interviews with cast and crew
  • Draft Screenplays [BD-ROM content]
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • Image Gallery
DISC 2 – HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER II

• Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
  • Audio Commentary with director Tony Randel and writer Peter Atkins
  • Audio Commentary with Randel, Atkins and actress Ashley Laurence
  • Leviathan: The Story of Hellbound: Hellraiser II – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellbound, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellbound – actor Sean Chapman talks about reprising the role of Frank Cotton in the first Hellraiser sequel
  • Surgeon Scene – the home video world premiere of this legendary, never before-seen excised sequence from Hellbound, sourced from a VHS workprint
  • Lost in the Labyrinth – vintage featurette including interviews with Barker, Randel, Keen, Atkins and others
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellbound: Hellraiser II
  • On-set interview with Clive Barker
  • On-set interviews with cast and crew
  • Behind-the-Scenes Footage
  • Rare and unseen storyboards
  • Draft Screenplay [BD-ROM content]
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • Image Gallery
DISC 3 – HELLRAISER III: HELL ON EARTH

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Original Theatrical Version [93 mins]
  • Alternate Unrated Version [97 mins]
  • Brand new audio commentary with writer Peter Atkins
  • Audio commentary with director Anthony Hickox and Doug Bradley
  • Hell on Earth: The Story of Hellraiser III – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Atkins, Keen and actor Ken Carpenter
  • Terri’s Tales – brand new interview with actress Paula Marshall
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
  • Raising Hell on Earth – archival interview with Hickox
  • On-set interviews with Barker and Bradley
  • Never-before-seen Hellraiser III SFX dailies
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Image Gallery
  • Hellraiser III comic book adaptation [Disc gallery]

Reactions: Grendel
Collector's Edition I will be getting

Will look great beside the Mondo Trilogy Soundtracks Vinyl Collectors Slipcase

Bust is good but not fantastic quality. Certainly not sideshow type quality. Nails should be real nails though and removable. For the price its not bad

Last edited:
Credit to Mark Wilson for the pics

Since this is a steelbook version the base will be modified to fit the thinner media container
1574350632765.png

1574350708687.png

1574350729454.png

why no separate steelbooks, which would nice next to the Mondo Hellraiser 1 steelbook.
Helltraiser 1 + 2 are the ones you need ...at least it's a fair price.

It basically has the same discs as the limited Scarlet Box. I'll have to pass on this release as I'm happy with my Scarlet Box. It would have been nice if they released steelbooks for part 1 + 2 that match the Mondo vinyl trilogy artwork like what they did with the 1st movie.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
This looks like the French edition that came out a few years ago, wished it was a little different this one
I think the title looks a little different on the front of the bust. From what I can see, same Pinhead model but different font used. Might have to pick up this one and put lipstick on it... have a Mr and Mrs Pinhead in the collection :rofl:

there will always be new sets for the first film and for the first three films, but i am sticking to my Scarlet Box. this is nice for those who have not got the trilogy, though, plus there's that bust.

not sure i like the steel cover. only way i'd consider buying this trilogy again is if the lament configuration box was solid in feel and actually required opening in a specific way to be reveal the discs inside. so yes, Scarlet Box it is! :LOL:

Reactions: MM3
Will definitely be picking the steelbook up, not sure on the collector's edition yet tho.