Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: September 22, 2021
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €24.99

Henry-portrait-d-un-serial-killer-Steelbook-Blu-ray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, the previous zavvi steelbook was quite limited (1000?) and it still took years for it to sell out - even when heavily discounted to under 10€. Not sure I need another one with French title and artwork that looks more like "Narnia" than "Henry" :rofl:

May someone please let me know if this will have the nc-17/ uncut version?
The amount of people in this thread that don't know Joe Coleman and his artwork is shocking. I honestly thought most people who would know Henry: PoaSK would be familiar with Coleman. A steelbook with Coleman's art is incredible. This is a portion of the true ORIGINAL poster for the film. It was used in VERY limited numbers for the original theatrical release because it was "too disturbing." The originals sell for close to a thousand dollars.

joe coleman henry poster - Google Search

Last edited:
Yes, I've read that just before the movie's theatrical release, the posters and lobby cards - with this art by iconic visionary painter Joe Coleman - were banned by theatres and all were pulled from circulation

1623500961932.png
1623501214771.png

The painting
1623501120412.png

The replacement artwork figured on the first UK steelbook release
1623501417363.png
1623501800732.png

May someone please let me know if this will have the nc-17/ uncut version?
The amount of people in this thread that don't know Joe Coleman and his artwork is shocking. I honestly thought most people who would know Henry: PoaSK would be familiar with Coleman. A steelbook with Coleman's art is incredible. This is a portion of the true ORIGINAL poster for the film. It was used in VERY limited numbers for the original theatrical release because it was "too disturbing." The originals sell for close to a thousand dollars.

joe coleman henry poster - Google Search
I honestly had no idea about that artwork and the history behind it. Not sure whether now knowing that makes it any less weird though. Just because it's "iconic" and an original sells for $1000 doesn't change the fact that it looks like a Mad Magazine Cover, a Narnia map and Rooker resembles Woody Harrelson and/or John C. Reilly....
imag2719_1.jpg
john-c-reilly,-karikatur-147084.jpg

Not too sure how "iconic" Mr Coleman's work is but it seems to attempt to replicate that of the legendary Robert Crumb (hence the similarity to Mad Mag some folks postured).
It ain't quite on the same level, tbh...