Cancelled Heroes: Reborn (Mini-Series) [NBC]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Heroes: Reborn (Mini-Series) [NBC]

Heroes (and creator Tim Kring) return in 2015 as a 13-episode mini-series!

NBC is re-engaging the “Heroes” team, ordering 13 episodes of an event miniseries to air next year with series creator Tim Kring at the helm.

NBC teased the plan to revive the franchise with a promo spot that aired during Saturday’s telecast of Olympics coverage.

The brief spot featured a fade-in on the “Heroes” logo with the word “Reborn” added along with “Coming 2015.”

There had been rumors last year that the Peacock was looking to revive the mystery-fantasy drama that aired from 2006-2010. Kring is set to exec produce 13 new episodes.

Details of the storyline are being kept under wraps. It’s described as a stand-alone arc. A digital series will bow prior to the TV return to introduce (or perhaps re-introduce) fans to the characters that will be the focus of “Reborn.”

“The enormous impact ‘Heroes’ had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment prexy Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

The original series starred Zachary Quinto, Hayden Panettiere, Jack Colman, Ali Larter, Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventigmiglia and Greg Grunberg as a motley group of people who slowly realize they have extraordinary powers.
Courtesy: Variety

Attachments

• MV5BMTkxNTI1NTI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA2MDU1MQ@@._V1._SY140_.jpg
    MV5BMTkxNTI1NTI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA2MDU1MQ@@._V1._SY140_.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the whole seasons but haven't got round to watching it yet. I watched part of season 1 and enjoyed that. I was suprised it was cancelled, it looks like I need to watch the other seasons now!:)

Last edited:
I have the whole seasons but haven't got round to watching it yet. I watched part of season 1 and enjoyed that. I was suprised it was cancelled, it looks like I need to watch the other seasons now!:)

It only had one season no others exist ;) .....:p

I loved Heroes from beginning to unfortunate end. Yes, the first season was the best, but each season was meant to be two individual story arcs of a live-action comic book. In comic books, there's ALWAYS better story arcs than others, but most of the time, I can respect each one for different reasons if I enjoy the characters. Heroes had great characters. I loved watching the evolution of Sylar and Peter Petrelli and Claire's stunt during the very last episode had me craving more. Unfortunately, that more never came and I was never able to see the next story arc. I'm really crossing my fingers that, somehow, NBC and Tim Kring can bring back all the heavy hitters so they can finally have their storylines wrapped up.

Season 1 was amazing but as they got on they got worse and more confusing..... wouldn't mind watching them all again now though :D

I will give this a watch

The first series was spectacular but went slowly downhill from there.

Gave up about a quarter way through series 4

Great news! The first season was the best. I still have to watch the fourth season ... I guess I'll watch the whole series again on blu ray ... it's been a while.

I'll have to give the whole series a rewatch, I haven't seen it since it aired and I actually didn't bother with most of the fourth season besides the early episodes and the last one because it went downhill so much. I got a good deal for the whole series on blu-ray recently, so I'll have to start that soon.