Hi Guys and Gals, I'm Back

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
As the heading says I'm back, I've been away tooo long and I'm gob-smacked by the changes to the site since I was last on. It's IMMENSE :notworthy:

I'll be honest and say that I intend to shift some of those 1,000+ steels and collectibles as I need the space and cannot really appreciate them. I know I have said this before but I really must, SWMBO is leaning rather heavily on me this time.

However I don't intend my return to be all one way traffic.

Hi Def Ninjas FTW :thumbs: :thumbs:

So six months after that post I actually make another. Has been sort of complicated. We made our major move back at the end of 2014 and I it took me ages to pack up and even longer to unpack. All the Steels on custom homemade shelving. Good thick MDF and with the cash saved by store cutting up sheet I could buy a router to make them !! Have been very lazy I guess as I settle in to some form of retirement and having so many Steels it's difficult to know where to begin cataloging all of them, plus I have groups of a few which for some reason never got back to play.com. Weren't perfect that type of thing, probably have to offload those on ebay as easier than doing a group buy for older stock. Also have some collector's stuff which I should shift. With all those group buys I did I still ended up with a massive credit card debt, manageable but a right royal pain nonetheless.

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
So six months after that post I actually make another. Has been sort of complicated. We made our major move back at the end of 2014 and I it took me ages to pack up and even longer to unpack. All the Steels on custom homemade shelving. Good thick MDF and with the cash saved by store cutting up sheet I could buy a router to make them !! Have been very lazy I guess as I settle in to some form of retirement and having so many Steels it's difficult to know where to begin cataloging all of them, plus I have groups of a few which for some reason never got back to play.com. Weren't perfect that type of thing, probably have to offload those on ebay as easier than doing a group buy for older stock. Also have some collector's stuff which I should shift. With all those group buys I did I still ended up with a massive credit card debt, manageable but a right royal pain nonetheless.
Instead of sending them back why not use them for Ninja Week which is coming up shortly?

Well I am still here, sadly missed Ninja Week. Still disorganised at the time. Since I was last here have been over to the States where had a great week in New York, only wish we'd had more time. Still gave my son an excuse to show us some "non tourist" eateries. (Loved the Frying Pan, we must have been the oldest there !!)

Have actually sorting my "hole" out properly now: UK and (most of) Europe and Collectibles on my right with USA, Canada, Australia and Germany on my left. It is starting to get organised. Trouble is there are still around 6 food crates with Play.com and HMV boxes, and 5 large boxes although some of that won't go for sale such as my SDDC Sucker Punch bust. Everything seems to have changed since my day. Been trawling eBay to get feel of the prices as I haven't thought about them (just the interest on my CC I used to buy them) and some of the old stuff is up, most is down, any hints on the best way and what's changed here in the last 5 years regarding selling ? Sorry if that sounds loaded question but I feel like a newbie all over again.

Reactions: digitalbabe