BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
Release date: July 18, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £14.99
91kbIJ-JVcL._SL1500_.jpg

7103_tn.jpg

Dr. Robert Laing (Tom Hiddleston, The Night Manager) feels like he’s made it - he’s moved into a luxury high-rise, seeking soulless anonymity. However, the building’s residents have no intention of leaving him alone and it isn’t long before the veneer of civilisation begins to collapse, and darker human urges begin to surface, and Laing’s good manners and sanity disintegrate along with the building. From acclaimed director Ben Wheatley (Kill List, Sightseers), and based on the classic novel by J.G. Ballard, comes a unique and dazzling vision of a dystopian Britain on the brink of social meltdown.

Extras:

• Audio Commentary with Director Ben Wheatley, Producer Jeremy Thomas, Actor Tom Hiddleston
  • JG Ballard Featurette
  • Full Cast & Crew Interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that poster art they've used for the front... then again, I love all the official poster art that was released for this film.

Reactions: Lordpercy
I adore the various posters that have been used for High-Rise and the particularly the one used for the slip cover - probably my favourite film poster in recent memory (although I really do love the falling man reflected on the car bonnet)

not trying to be rude. but i think it's not your cup of tea. but if you watch it let me know ...

:thumbs:

To be honest you don't know me at all, just as I don't know anything about you, so yes bit rude, not sure how you could possibly know if it's 'my cup of tea' I like a variety of teas ;)

yes, it's me at it again. note when is say 'not you cup of tea' i do not mean to be rude...and I even said 'not mean to be rude'

To be honest you don't know me at all, just as I don't know anything about you, so yes bit rude, not sure how you could possibly know if it's 'my cup of tea' I like a variety of teas ;)

I based my 'I think' feeling on you posts on films you like, and films you dont.

I if had said (wrote) you're not gonna like it. that would state I know you. but when posting 'I think' that stated 'I think, as I do not surely know'.

...but now that this 'converstation' have been done, I'm sure you love it.

@Apollon I must cause you gray hairs. but I do not (this I KNOW) I do not mean to. maybe my english is so bad that I pi*s people off without any intension.

...will not be back on this subject matter.

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut
yes, it's me at it again. note when is say 'not you cup of tea' i do not mean to be rude...and I even said 'not mean to be rude'

I based my 'I think' feeling on you posts on films you like, and films you dont.

I if had said (wrote) you're not gonna like it. that would state I know you. but when posting 'I think' that stated 'I think, as I do not surely know'.

...but now that this 'converstation' have been done, I'm sure you love it.

I hardly ever post actually about films I like or dislike and I have a huge spectrum of films I like, so it was odd and to be honest I haven't really encountered you much before so I was bit taken aback but it's ok no offence taken :)

Reactions: nefilim

You asked, don't get annoyed when someone helpfully offers their opinion. I just had a skim through your recent posts and I have to agree, I don't think this is your cup of tea. Ben Wheatley makes polarizing independent art films. Seeing this because Tom Hiddleston is in it might lead to disappointment.

• Thanks
Reactions: nefilim
You asked, don't get annoyed when someone helpfully offers their opinion. I just had a skim through your recent posts and I have to agree, I don't think this is your cup of tea. Ben Wheatley makes polarizing independent art films. Seeing this because Tom Hiddleston is in it might lead to disappointment.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Your input was not needed. Yes I did ask and yes I found it odd someone I don't know would say it's not my cup of tea which is what I said to them and they said they didn't mean be rude and I said no offence and end of issue, why you felt the need to bring it up again is beyond me.

You skimmed my posts, haha oh well you must know everything about me now lol

Actually I love independent arty type films I own many many of them. Just so everyone knows and they can assess 'my cup of tea better'

Last edited: