Hocus Pocus (25th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Monday 20 August @ around midday UK time)
Price: £18.99

11853574-1164603526528493.jpg

11853574-1404603526381844.jpg
11853574-1844603526654928.jpg
11853574-1804603526730285.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know what’s going on with this?

It’s been taken off the website now... when I click on the link through my order page it says ‘sold out’.
Zavvi website auto list as sold out a release when no stock listed on their system as in no stock has arrived going by release date on website and also is removed from the website as a result.

It will come back listed as a pre order with a new release date or be listed as buy now when Zavvi receive stock and update the website listing
This usually takes 1-3 days before this happens

Reactions: jaffajakes
Zavvi website auto list as sold out a release when no stock listed on their system as in no stock has arrived going by release date on website and also is removed from the website as a result.

It will come back listed as a pre order with a new release date or be listed as buy now when Zavvi receive stock and update the website listing
This usually takes 1-3 days before this happens

This isn’t a 100% true

Some items they have as buy now when they don’t actually have the stock. I’m used to this with zavvi when it comes to vinyl and figures anyway but for example I ordered the true romance vinyl and that release was for 31/08 but they don’t have the stock yet and I’ve had no dispatch, yet it’s listed as buy now. Same with some q figs I’ve ordered. Release date was last week but no dispatch yet but they are listed as buy now.

Sometimes the steels go out of stock on release day and get put back up a day or 2 later because like you say their system is rubbish and they need to do stuff manually.

In this instance what your saying is most likely true as no one has been charged so there’s clearly a issue with the supplier but the stuff your saying don’t always apply to their ordering system with other items.

Not looking for a copy and paste matrix style reply Paul. I can’t be bothered with tbh lol but just saying what your saying isn’t 100% true

Tried asking if they knew what the finish was/if it has any debossing/embossing but they said no idea.

I wish both UK and US had the same one because it stresses me out not knowing what one to pick up. I really like the Zavvi one because it's classic Hocus Pocus artwork but the US one is superior for obvious reasons. I just don't know.

This isn’t a 100% true

Some items they have as buy now when they don’t actually have the stock. I’m used to this with zavvi when it comes to vinyl and figures anyway but for example I ordered the true romance vinyl and that release was for 31/08 but they don’t have the stock yet and I’ve had no dispatch, yet it’s listed as buy now. Same with some q figs I’ve ordered. Release date was last week but no dispatch yet but they are listed as buy now.

Sometimes the steels go out of stock on release day and get put back up a day or 2 later because like you say their system is rubbish and they need to do stuff manually.

In this instance what your saying is most likely true as no one has been charged so there’s clearly a issue with the supplier but the stuff your saying don’t always apply to their ordering system with other items.

Not looking for a copy and paste matrix style reply Paul. I can’t be bothered with tbh lol but just saying what your saying isn’t 100% true
My post is in regard to steelbooks Zavvi website pre order listings not other products Zavvi sell.
Vinyl records and other products Yes Zavvi website listings often not accurate and lot of the time they don't even get delivery of any stock at all. :rofl:

This has happened loads of times though before with steelbooks and either below has happened
You will see a new pre order release date be listed if release date has been changed to be later date than this week or if they get stock this week the website will be updated to in stock buy now.

It's not the first or last time a distributor is late in delivering steelbook stock to retailers not just Zavvi happens with Amazon etc as well

Last edited:
Tried asking if they knew what the finish was/if it has any debossing/embossing but they said no idea.

I wish both UK and US had the same one because it stresses me out not knowing what one to pick up. I really like the Zavvi one because it's classic Hocus Pocus artwork but the US one is superior for obvious reasons. I just don't know.
Zavvi customer service most times won't know the answer to questions like that
They only know when delivery arrives and even then most times just go by website listing

Customers often know the answer about finish and embossing/debossing before Zavvi customer service know :rofl:

Zavvi buyers might know but even then the only way to know for sure is when they have stock at the office

Reactions: jaffajakes
Yeah I talked with Scanavo in regards to how much the fans really liked the Jumanji steel for those same reasons. It was no surprise to me that the Hocus Pocus would have the same effort. At meetings they show things like proof of concept, etc. and show samples etc to really show off what limits can be pushed. the NA team is a very smart bunch, so if NA steels don't look amazing it's not cause of a lack of effort on their part. Its usually cost cutting etc where need be for studios.

Checked the discs again last night. Both US amaray and US steelbook have Anniversary Edition discs inside. Just steel having the picture disc.
THanks for checking, I’ve just ordered via the GB.
Super chuffed :D

That Jumaniji one was lovely. Sold my UK Zavvi copy in hopes of finding the board game version at some point(think HMV have some but hoping for a price drop. I want it, but not as bad as Hocus Pocus)
Hope we see more of these differant types of steel in the future

Anybody know what’s going on with this?

It’s been taken off the website now... when I click on the link through my order page it says ‘sold out’.
Zavvi can sometimes remove steels from listing when sold out.
Seems random how they choose to keep some listings and not others.
If it’s showing in your orders stil I wouldn’t worry

Zavvi have well and truly pulled it out the bag!

Full gloss! Debossing! Booklet! Picture disc!

I have waited so long for a Hocus Pocus steelbook and to me this is just perfect! Much better than the US in my opinion. Very happy man right now!

@Flloydo @Noodles

Attachments

• 42629433_268605380449640_7004579437681311744_n.jpg
    42629433_268605380449640_7004579437681311744_n.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 251
  • 42705312_242757456583826_6953090072656740352_n.jpg
    42705312_242757456583826_6953090072656740352_n.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 260
  • 42653693_2187522648184298_5330824690950733824_n.jpg
    42653693_2187522648184298_5330824690950733824_n.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Zavvi have well and truly pulled it out the bag!

Full gloss! Debossing! Booklet! Picture disc!

I have waited so long for a Hocus Pocus steelbook and to me this is just perfect! Much better than the US in my opinion. Very happy man right now!

@Flloydo @Noodles
Don't think your tags will work buddy after editing, so @Flloydo @Noodles :thanks:

Do you mind posting a pic of the back as well please @jaffajakes? Would be nice to see that in the flesh too :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles