Hollow Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mill Creek Entertainment) (Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: February 26, 2024
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $24.96
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Hollow-Man-Blu-ray-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive-Mill-Creek-Horror_041cce7f-6b30-4a37-b562-d69d...jpeg

21703eb6-1460-42d0-abf8-2fe337b43acc.1fc8c91f08783b9ca17b82d23877c93f.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank f**k I bought the 88Films collectors set recently. Not a fan of that art on steel

Reactions: Fmac72
There were CGI gorillas in it... wait, there were gorillas in it?! :shipped: :facepalm:
I forgot entirely. Only remember loving Elizabeth Shue and Skunk Anansie song Bacon's character is listening... oh and wanting to be invisible like that to do bad things. :cautious:
Bacon was a good villain in this. They tested the invisibility on gorillas before he used it on himself. Where’s the 4K?

Bacon was a good villain in this. They tested the invisibility on gorillas before he used it on himself. Where’s the 4K?
Right, I remember now that animation of gradual invisibility, with veins and organs inside...
Funny thing is I didn't have any problems with it then, but now we're all moaning about bad CGI. Although it's rather about a LOT of bad CGI, because these early 2000s movies had some practical effects as well. Now they can't even use exploding blood pellets for gunshot wounds, it's all graphics.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not buying just the steelbook after just ordering that 88Films digipack, it's gotta be in UHD.

Right, I remember now that animation of gradual invisibility, with veins and organs inside...
Funny thing is I didn't have any problems with it then, but now we're all moaning about bad CGI. Although it's rather about a LOT of bad CGI, because these early 2000s movies had some practical effects as well. Now they can't even use exploding blood pellets for gunshot wounds, it's all graphics.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not buying just the steelbook after just ordering that 88Films digipack, it's gotta be in UHD.
Yes it’s still not a bad movie. Haven’t seen it in a while but don’t think the cgi is too bad actually, I just thought that’s what the comment about not knowing why they didn’t like it might refer to. I like the new invisible man movie despite a Luke warm reception but this one definitely more about the corruption of power. Bacon is like a kid in a candy store. Quite dark really. Can’t remember the rating.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I think Hollow Man is way more enjoyable than the latest Invisible Man. Boring looking Steelbook, but a great image on the back could bail it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
The gorilla must have been just a show off thing. The CGI has aged well and the movie would have been timeless if they went for a normal primate/test subject. Like a chimpanzee.
1646511347936.jpg