Hook (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: October 12th 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday 6pm UK time)
Price: £12.99

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just checked the Italian version thread for this steelbook and noticed that one member has written that he paid approx. GBP 12.70 for it - including shipping - which as can be seen is hardly any different to the pricing of this U.K. edition (if this 'Out of stock' price remains and becomes the 'live' pre-order price of course).

That was me and I meant €12.70,

Credit to Zavvi for bringing in these 3 newly listed steelbooks at better pre-order prices than usual :thumbs:
(I realise that none of the three are 'live' yet to order but it's unlikely IMO that these prices will change when they are).

Didn't buy this when it was released at the same time as 'Jumanji' (though did buy that one) despite liking the slipcover and despite it being cheap as chips.

Will go for this steelbook instead.as a companion to my 'Jumanji' steelbook as the colouring does appear to be quite similar.

Kind of brings to mind the antique leather-bound book look of 'Dead Poets Society' - only better - with embossing to the studs and clasps, hopefully :)

I wouldn't call it credit, their prices are much higher that Italy's and I'll stick with my Italian order

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just checked my italian order and it's now €12.64 works out under £10.00

"Credit to Zavvi for bringing in these three newly-listed steelbooks AT BETTER PRE-ORDER PRICES THAN USUAL"

Hah, yeah I read that wrong.
I think they may be learning to bring prices down or it's just this wave as the previous wave was going quite cheap after release.
I'm interested in Dracula and da Vinci code but again I'll wait for photos and I'll prob order from out of the U.K. (Because of price and it being zavvi)
Hook is a defo though and will keep that on order, love this film and want it on blu Ray plus I've started to like this art and might go well with jumanji

Shipping cost with Amazon Italy is €5.00
€9.07 +€5.00= €14.07 = £10.39 UK GBP

The difference in price just 1 steelbook ordered and includes shipping costs
Europe Zavvi €17.79
Europe Amazon Italy €14.07
You save €3.72

UK Zavvi £12.99
UK Amazon Italy £10.39
Youy save £2.60

If you order more than 1 steelbook you save a lot more as shipping cost is still only €5.00 for all of your order

This is my order from Amazon-Italy
View attachment 191469

That works out as €10.47 for each steelbook with shipping cost included ordered from Amazon Italy

Zavvi works out as €17.79 Euro (£12.99 GBP) includes free shipping

If you are from the UK and ordered the same above 4 steelbooks that would work out as £30.96 GBP
£7.74 GBP each including shipping compared to paying £12.99
You save £5.25
With UK Vat only 20% the price would be even cheaper as My Vat charged was 23% as I'm in Rep of Ireland

I can't seem to find it anymore on Amazon.it. Did they unlist it?

I can't seem to find it anymore on Amazon.it. Did they I lost it?
It's Sold Out
The Following Steelbooks from Amazon Italy are Sold Out
Hook
Jumanji
Spartacus
Reason why they are sold out is because the price was €9.07-€9.67

Reactions: JCC
It's Sold Out
The Following Steelbooks from Amazon Italy are Sold Out
Hook
Jumanji
Spartacus
Reason why they are sold out is because the price was €9.07-€9.67

Dang, didn't realize the prices were so low or I would have ordered them. I check Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.uk a lot but Amazon.it never had many steelbooks until now. Hopefully they come back in stock.

Reactions: paulboland
Anyone know the print run on this?

Many thousands . . . no, just joking !
. . . and ordered - GBP 12.34 for a decent-looking steel suits me just fine :)

If late to the game and missed better previous prices if can be seen above that this steel is available slightly cheaper (although I don't know if P&P comes into play with a single order steel) with Amazon.It @GBP 10.10 and Zavvi.de @GBP 11.82.

Last edited:
"Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning..."

Couldn't resist (both the quote, and the pre-order). :LOL:

off with code HOOK for Dead Poet's Society when you order Hook steelbook
Hook - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

We see you've already purchased a Robin Williams Steelbook - Extend your collection and get 20% off when you buy today. Click through this email and enter CODE: HOOKED at checkout!

see your email may only work click on email link

NOTE: discount is 20% BUMP!