Hot Fuzz (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Play.com exclusive steelbook
Release Date: October 15th, 2012

Part of the Universal 100th Anniversary Wave.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/28764726/Hot-Fuzz-Universal-100th-Anniversary-Edition-Play-com-Exclusive-Steelbook/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=steelbook&ob=6&urlrefer=search&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1328006743_7822fa486c57f532d98417ad42e73159

Official images:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Actual photos:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 28764726_700x700min_1.jpg
    28764726_700x700min_1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 736
  • 28764726_700x700min_2.jpg
    28764726_700x700min_2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I don't quite understand why they've moved Hot Fuzz back to October but left Shaun of the Dead and the rest from this wave in September... seems a bit random splitting them up like that IMO.

Does seem a little random maybe its down to production issues. There seem to be a few with the debossing on Bourne Trilogy :confused:

Does seem a little random maybe its down to production issues. There seem to be a few with the debossing on Bourne Trilogy :confused:
Good point... you could be right there mate. If that is the case, then I guess it's good to see they're bothering to take action to fix it, even if it does mean they've had to move the release back to over a month.

I have pre-ordered this, but I really wish they'd gone for similar art as Shaun of the Dead, but with bright police blue in place of red. I'm not a big fan of the black/white thing given that I have an awesome Shaun of the Dead box sitting here that really needs a bright blue partner with it :(

I hope this gets the same treatment as Shaun of the Dead did. I sold my Canadian version for this one, so I hope they don't let us down.

I know I just thought the Canadian version of Shaun of the Dead looked a bit dull compared to the UK version and I don't want to own more than one copy of the same film. Like I say I hope this version of Hot Fuzz will be of a similar quality as then moving on my Canadian copy will be justified in my eyes.

just checked play.com and seen this doesn't have a release date anymore and despatched in 1-2 weeks. So checked account and it's still on pre-order so maybe a glitch in the system. on a plus note Con Air and Armageddon are order placed now.

just checked play.com and seen this doesn't have a release date anymore and despatched in 1-2 weeks. So checked account and it's still on pre-order so maybe a glitch in the system. on a plus note Con Air and Armageddon are order placed now.

I hope they aren't moving the release date again. I really want this one :ohno:

Strange, just had an email from play now stating that the release date has change to the 15th October? Well it's been that date for quite some time now and already had the email last time when there changed the realese date. Just glad the date hasn't changed.

Strange, just had an email from play now stating that the release date has change to the 15th October? Well it's been that date for quite some time now and already had the email last time when there changed the realese date. Just glad the date hasn't changed.

Same here. I think those types of emails are sent out automatically once the date is amended on the site. As you pointed out in your previous post, the date seemed to have vanished, so they've probably noticed this and changed it back, hence the emails.

almost sold out. now showing dispatched 1-2 weeks.

I don't think that's the case. I think they may have a glitch on the page as it would normally just show as available for pre-order regardless of stock levels unless they decided to remove it.

Not sure what is going on with this steelbook? It has no pre-order date and just says 1-2 weeks? My order has not been processed.

Can't wait for this one. I really hope it gets the same treatment Shaun of the Dead did.