• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
*Note that iOS is not supported at this time but should work for android phones. We do support macOS (non Safari), Windows and other desktop devices.

Would it be useful to know when a new group buy goes live? Or when someone quotes your post? You are now able to receive push notifications to your browser
from this website and not have to depend on e-mail alerts (as this is sometimes delayed!)

THIS FEATURE IS NOT ENABLED UNLESS YOU TURN IT ON!

How do you do it? Very simple.

First go to your profile and choose preferences.
Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 12.39.32 PM.png

Next, opt in to receive push alerts.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 12.38.28 PM.png

Finally configure which alerts you want pushed to your browser.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 12.38.45 PM.png

@Wreck

FYI, Chrome on Mac OSX will display a banner at the bottom that allows you enable push notifications. You still have to go to your profile to manage what gets pushed.

Nope, unless you were using the app then you wouldn't get push alerts from the forum.

Yeah, but after sawing this post, I went to make the changes and I saw them all "ON" while you said will not be "ON" until selecting it explicitly, therefore I MUST have selected it before, right? And, for sure, I can't recall doing this recently, but it looks familiar, like "I've seen and done this before", you know...

Could have been the settings there but just not active/activated yet?

Yeah, but after sawing this post, I went to make the changes and I saw them all "ON" while you said will not be "ON" until selecting it explicitly, therefore I MUST have selected it before, right? And, for sure, I can't recall doing this recently, but it looks familiar, like "I've seen and done this before", you know...

Could have been the settings there but just not active/activated yet?

The push checkbox might be set to ON but you have to enable it, as in my 2nd photo, in order for it to work. Perhaps that is what you were seeing.

When you first went to that spot it would have said "ENABLE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS"

The moment this was implemented it worked straight away. No issues at all. Even before I went to my settings to have a look a pop up box came up and asked me to enable push notifications.
This worked on both my desktop and my phone. Great idea.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
I might stop mine as get them none stop handy but get every comment made,and I get enough with other stuff emails etc.

I might stop mine as get them none stop handy but get every comment made,and I get enough with other stuff emails etc.

If you feel like you get enough alerts already I would disable some of the least important ones in your preferences.

You may still want to get a push alert, for example, if a particular GB gets updated or a new steelbook thread is created or something like that.

You can also turn off push alerts but still receive an alert when you visit the forum, if you wish to do it that way.

1564495162989.png

Yes thats probably better, right now i get every comment made and that can be a lot per day lol.
It does have its good points when say an item comes back in stock etc
But general chat about stuff probably prefer to look through daily etc at my leisure.

Reactions: apsmith21