Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 23, 2017
Purchase link: Novamedia - KimchiDVD
Price: $30.99

A.jpg B.jpg

Which one are you going for? @Noodles
I think B looks great, but A is also nice. In the Nova newsletter only one edition was announced, if I'm not mistaken. That was Type B, which I liked immediately, so I guess I stick with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Which one are you going for? @Noodles
I think B looks great, but A is also nice. In the Nova newsletter only one edition was announced, if I'm not mistaken. That was Type B, which I liked immediately, so I guess I stick with it.
Type B is the one that immediately stood out to me too, although I did still consider Type A for a short while... however, I eventually decided that the image used on both sides was too similar, and I feel B does a much better job at reflecting what the film is about, so that was my final decision. :)

Type B is the one that immediately stood out to me too, although I did still consider Type A for a short while... however, I eventually decided that the image used on both sides was too similar, and I feel B does a much better job at reflecting what the film is about, so that was my final decision. :)
Decision made. Thanks mate :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
This just got announced on the Criterion Collection as well.
Though it doesnt look like its much different in terms of discs. I wonder if both have the same extras on the disc.

Just got my latest order from Novamedia, including I, Daniel Blake:

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

The slip is of the usual good quality. It has a small clear slip on the bottom, featuring the Korean title.
I was expecting a bit more, to be honest. There's no embossing anywhere. I thought at least the title print was treated and quietly hoped for the graffiti on the wall to be embossed around the slip, too.
It's an alright edition, but I'm afraid it's not as nice as it could have been.
@Noodles @Collector03601 @Raggle Fraggle!

Last edited:
Just got my latest order from Novamedia, including I, Daniel Blake:

View attachment 346871

View attachment 346872 View attachment 346873 View attachment 346874

The slip is of the usual good quality. It has a small clear slip on the bottom, featuring the Korean title.
I was expecting a bit more, to be honest. There's no embossing anywhere. I thought at least the title print was treated and quietly hoped for the graffiti on the wall to be embossed around the slip, too.
It's an alright edition, but I'm afraid it's not as nice as it could have been.
@Noodles @Collector03601 @Raggle Fraggle!
Yeah, shame there's no special treatment on this one... it's still the best edition for this film out there though IMO. :)

Thanks for the pics! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Just received mine from Nova and definitely agree with @CleverLoginName... the lack of any kind of special finish is disappointing, as it would've been the icing on the cake. Still a fairly nice edition overall though, and I'm very happy to own it. :)

Heads up for those who are yet to watch the film... avoid looking through the photobook until after you've seen it, especially the very last page, as there's a huge spoiler! :censored: