I got a deal I couldn't refuse.

Jan 29, 2009
So today at Best Buy we got the new Pioneer In-Dash navigation systems in. And I've been wanting one for the longest time, since i have a Double Din opening in my car. I had hooked up a FM modulator and was having issues with it, so I ripped it out and returned it today. Then with no thinking was told the brand new In-Dash nav system that's $700 is in employee accommodations for $150.

So I caved and got this bad boy for only $150, looks pretty sweet. The Nav even pops out..

9362012_sa.jpg

150 is a smokin' deal! It looks sick. Pioneer always makes a good product...

Only issue I've seen is a lack of Points of Interests in the Navi.. I can add those myself... or buy a card full of them. I just want it to tell me where to go. I got an iphone to find those places so, its not that big of an issue for me..

yeah it'd be hard to pass on the $150 for in dash nav like that- looks good

I had a CD player once.... it got stolen... never had one since except for the built-in on the cobalt the wife drives. fortunately the insurance company totaled the car and gave me like $2600.. unfortunately I had a lot of other crap to pay off so I didn't get a new cd player

woe is me - i should work part time at best buy just to get a deal like that and get me a new cd player.. be like old times again!

damn pyro,you gotta share the story of how your car got written off and why in the world was it only 2 stacks and 700 dollars?......aren't those cars in the 10 grand range brand new?....my cousins junk mazda got ran into that was like year 93 got 6 grand flat from insurance..

but getting ur car broken into sucks,happened once and a xbox 360 got jacked,those crackheads made a grab and left the 27'' lcd alone in the van..hooked up to it.with the deck you plug into on the floor...makes u want to rip their eyes balls out breaking your car window.

Last edited:
damn pyro,you gotta share the story of how your car got written off and why in the world was it only 2 stacks and 700 dollars?......aren't those cars in the 10 grand range brand new?....my cousins junk mazda got ran into that was like year 93 got 6 grand flat from insurance..

but getting ur car broken into sucks,happened once and a xbox 360 got jacked,those crackheads made a grab and left the 27'' lcd alone in the van..hooked up to it.with the deck you plug into on the floor...makes u want to rip their eyes balls out breaking your car window.

It was a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix SE.. had it parked in front of a local club, Cali might know it as The Hurricane. They took a screw driver to the back window but realized they couldn't unlock it from there so they shattered my passenger window. They literally pried the cd player out of the dash and ripped the cable/wires right out. Funny part is the wires to the CD player were still dangling in the car so I'm not sure how useful the CD player is... Anyhow, it was evident they had gone through everything in my car because of scattered insurance cards/old health cards, etc... I had roughly 100 CDs in my car and not a single one was stolen. They had gone through them though, they were scattered on the ground like they had been chucked like frisbees in a quick sort. 100 perfectly good metal CDs and not a single one taken. I'll never figure that out, but hey I'm not complaining either. It was 42 degrees outside that night. I remember because I had to drive all the way home with a window missing. Worst part was I did even more damage punching the trunk of my car because I was so pissed off... What a night!

Basically they assessed it at $2k blue book for the car and $600 for the CD player. Totaled.