mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
6.JPG

http://www.illuxcon.com/

This is a smaller art show. There is membership for the entire show for more art enthusiasts with workshops and then there is the weekend days for people who want to just check it out some really cool art. This will be their second year at the Allentown Art Museum in PA.

More fantasy art but there is really some amazing art, and lots of Magic the Gathering artists. I discovered them in 2009 and have been hooked. You can just check out people's art, pick up a print or if you are daring pick up some originals. Bring money

There are 3 parts of the show. In the art museum there are 2 sections. First is the main showcase. The main showcase has an entrance fee (last year was 000$32) and on Saturday may have a museum entrance fee on top of the showcase ticket. Last year I attended Sunday and the museum is free on Sundays, so I am not 100% sure. The second part is the weekend salon. The Weekend Salon is free on Sunday and Museum entrance fee only on Saturday. Finally is the showcase on Friday and Saturday night (8 PM to Midnight)which are free events at the Holiday Inn hotel nearby.

There are also art workshops if you register as a member for serious artists and not just people like me who go to see the artists work.

Costs:
Member Pass: $175 (full show and workshops)
Student Pass: $75 (same as Member but must be a Student with valid ID)
Weekend Pass for Exhibit Floor: On Sale in August (Last year was $32)

Main Show Artists

7.JPG

Weekend Salon Artists

8.JPG

Showcase Artists

9 showcase 1.JPG

10 showcase 2.JPG

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder that the show is this weekend in Allentown, PA. If you have a few hours to spare on either Saturday or Sunday it is worth it. It is in the Allentown Art Museum so you can always do a few other exhibits there as well.

Serious art is at this show and it is amazing!