paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 13, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 (Amazon - HMV)

81OsDaxsz7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RotLA.jpgRotLA (back).jpg RotLA (inside).jpg

Last edited:
if anyone wants to switch to the gloss USA version, let me know ASAP and I can order extras!!!!!

The one to go will definitely be USA since it's glossy. But clear winner in my eyes is still and will be old Zavvi steels - full glossy and embossed.
Temple and Crusade in this new wave have superior art, though, especially Crusade, which tips the scale in favor of these new editions in my book.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Temple and Crusade in this new wave have superior art, though, especially Crusade, which tips the scale in favor of these new editions in my book.

It will be matte sh*t so art will be useless - at least EU version.
I'd definitely go after US releases with them being glossy usually if i wouldn't have old Zavvi steels. If only these new ones would be embossed. Then US would be clear winner on all front.

Reactions: BatOutOfHell
Mine was “delivered” yesterday. Where was it delivered? No idea. They say it was at my door, but I was home and it wasn’t at my door. It wasn’t at Amazon Delivery Box or at the apartments office, so had to get a refund and ordered it from Amazon, since, apparently, Best Buy is sold out. Hopefully one of the 2 I got from amazon is good. One bonus is that Amazon is 3 bucks less than what Best Buy charged me. I’ll probalby order the rest from Amazon, since Best Buy no longer has free shipping or 45 day returns (This would have been he last 45 day return hadit arrived).
Hope I get a good copy

Paul, these are just OLD BR included, right? Only 4k has the audio upgrades, etc?
Yes
Blu-ray is same 2012 transfer
Note the existing 2012 Blu-ray discs the transfer is from a 4K scan of original negative

The 4K UHD has some more remastering done of that 4K Scan and then HDR 10 and Dolby Vision added etc and audio remastered to atmos

Not available with Amazon UK at the moment for some reason

When you click on Amazon UK you get error message
We're sorry, an error has occurred. Please reload this page and try again

My amazon order payment taken on Saturday I hope they still dispatch my order

happy days. :) i have been waiting patiently for years for a premium set for these films, and although i am aware of one for the 4 films released, with the 5th forthcoming (regardless of film quality), the set will always look 'wrong.' so i caved and went for one of these. :rolleyes:

obviously this is not as nice as the gloss and bossed original - and such details would have made this a superb standard release - but what we do get here is good by today's lower steel release quality standards. few videos above, but not shots, so thought i would add some to the site. :Snap:

first thing you notice is that the title is indeed "Raiders of the Lost Ark" only - yay! :thumbs: i know the title has officially changed, but i always prefer the originals. shots of the covers and the j-card / specifications below the spoiler:

although i have one preference over it, the front artwork is great. i like the art itself, there's areas of what look like zero finish rather than spot gloss (someone better than i will correct me on this) on the ark and scimitar, and overall it's a lovely cover. shame it's not full glossed and bossed. anyway... rear artwork is quieter, and with a faint treatment on the world map. all that under the spoiler:

inside, the artwork is OK, the no-artwork discs a major mistake - just makes things seem cheaper - but the poster within is my all time favourite for this film. maybe one day we'll see it on a premium slip? we can dream. anyway. more of that underneath the spoiler:

is it everything it could have been? no, but it's a perfectly fine steel overall.

Replace Harrison Ford GIF by Indiana Jones

Last edited:
happy days. :) i have been waiting patiently for years for a premium set for these films, and although i am aware of one for the 4 films released, with the 5th forthcoming (regardless of film quality), the set will always look 'wrong.' so i caved and went for one of these. :rolleyes:

obviously this is not as nice as the gloss and bossed original - and such details would have made this a superb standard release - but what we do get here is good by today's lower steel release quality standards. few videos above, but not shots, so thought i would add some to the site. :Snap:

first thing you notice is that the title is indeed "Raiders of the Lost Ark" only - yay! :thumbs: i know the title has officially changed, but i always prefer the originals. shots of the covers and the j-card / specifications below the spoiler:

although i have one preference over it, the front artwork is great. i like the art itself, there's areas of what look like zero finish rather than spot gloss (someone better than i will correct me on this) on the ark and scimitar, and overall it's a lovely cover. shame it's not full glossed and bossed. anyway... rear artwork is quieter, and with a faint treatment on the world map. all that under the spoiler:

inside, the artwork is OK, the no-artwork discs a major mistake - just makes things seem cheaper - but the poster within is my all time favourite for this film. maybe one day we'll see it on a premium slip? we can dream. anyway. more of that underneath the spoiler:

is it everything it could have been? no, but it's a perfectly fine steel overall.

Replace Harrison Ford GIF by Indiana Jones
Great pics!
I originally ordered the UK version but when i found out it was matte( just a few hours before it arrived at my door) i returned it and ordered the US one from Amazon.. it arrived a few days ago in a jiffy bag, i felt for sure it was going to be a banana but i was surprised to find it perfectly shaped.
I'm really happy i opted for the gloss edition but what is going on with Europe getting the same steel art as the US but getting a matte finish, i don't know why I'm surprised, this has often been the case and we've even had UK releases being matte but German ones would get the same steel in gloss and sometimes debossed titles over our flat ones in the past (i know some steels can look great in matte, this one in particular makes up for it because it has great artwork,but generally gloss looks better especially when you compare all the US and UK releases, i'm mostly thinking of the Disney steels), in this case I'd have to say gloss wins but comparing it to the original zavvi blu ray steels the artwork wins here but the embossed title with gloss on the originals is hard to beat.
I'm looking forward to temple of doom as the artwork is far superior but i think my luck will run out with Amazon.com and I'll get wrecked steels for Doom & Crusade

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I'm not interested in Raiders of the Lost Ark but in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>.<