Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 17, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €39.90

91XG5Np7r8L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I orderd this edition twice, with the hope that they would send it in a cardboard box. But they didn't. Both items was send to me in a cardboard A2 envelope!

So both we're damaged.

I now have returned both, payed shipping to italy (18€). Amazon say, i will geht my Money back and the shipping too.

If there still 2-5€ in my own, than thats okay. But i dont want these damaged edition in my collection.

That was really my last order from Amazon.it.

I will order others things. But no Steelbooks etc. anymore.

Attachments

• IB2.jpeg
    IB2.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
It really is a gamble. Seeing how my copy of The Guest 4k from Zavvi came nicely packaged and in mint condition, maybe I should also have gone with Zavvi on this. My last purchases from Amazon IT were all fine, though, so still hoping for the best.
fingers-crossed-hoping.gif

• Haha
Reactions: StifflersDad
Mine arrived largely intact. The whole thing has been somewhat squashed of course, but the slip took the most of it, the steelbook is fine - although it has strange scuff marks on the front that I hope will come off. Must have already been there before shipping - that's what I hate the most, poor, Best Buy-level quality control.

Other than that, the steelbook is fantastic. The slip though is of terrible quality anyway, downright ugly. Will sell it together with the WWA steel.

I orderd this edition twice, with the hope that they would send it in a cardboard box. But they didn't. Both items was send to me in a cardboard A2 envelopes!

So both we're damaged.

I now have returned both, payed shipping to italy (18€). Amazon say, i will geht my Money back and the shipping too.

If there still 2-5€ in my own, than thats okay. But i dont want these damaged edition in my collection.

That was really my last order from Amazon.it.

I will order others things. But no Steeplbooks etc. anymore.
I made an order years ago fro them and knew how bad thew delivery is and thought I´m superclever and just have to order some more articles until a caton-shipping is necessary, but no they sent every single article in a small mailer and flooded me with the damaged crap.

@Para It works most times, but you might still get a damaged item for the very simple reason it would have been damaged before packing.
But not for pre-orders, like the IB-one. There it would have made sense. How much different is the packaging then - do they take bubblewrap or carton instead envelope?

But not for pre-orders, like the IB-one. There it would have made sense. How much different is the packaging then - do they take bubblewrap or carton instead envelope?

Even with pre-orders, no guarantees. It all depends on the person packing it, whether they drop it and think it's no big deal or maybe it's already slightly damaged and again they think it's no big deal because as far as they're concerned it's all about the discs.

They used to use actually gift wrapping paper a few years ago, then they switched to gift bags which are better as they're thicker. Rarely bubble-wrap if at all.

• Informative
Reactions: komor
I'm not going to pick-quote various people here, I'm not the 'QuoteMaster®' after all, but gotta say, in general, the variety of responses here on the state of their arrived copies depends more on their perception of what "damaged" is.
Like @komor showed there, I don't see any damage on his photos, thought at first he was joking. I'd do more 'damage' taking it off the shelf and placing it back.
Not "Hulk! Smash!" I mean might misdirect my rheumatic hand movement and bump the carton edge of a slip, or metal corner of a steel, on the sharp edge of a wooden shelf, and create a fresh ding, visible under the microscope, as how some collectors here seem to inspect their copies.
Compare that to how @BatOutOfHell described his slip, 'taking most of the damage', I'm sure many collectors would freak out, looking at what he got.
Mine arrive usually similarly banged up on corners, even in cardboard boxes via 3-day DHL courier. I stopped minding that in 2001.
Some people, and shops, don't understand collectors, and how 'precious' these releases are to us, but some customers are getting upset over nothing.

I'm not going to pick-quote various people here, I'm not the 'QuoteMaster®' after all, but gotta say, in general, the variety of responses here on the state of their arrived copies depends more on their perception of what "damaged" is.
Like @komor showed there, I don't see any damage on his photos, thought at first he was joking. I'd do more 'damage' taking it off the shelf and placing it back.
Not "Hulk! Smash!" I mean might misdirect my rheumatic hand movement and bump the carton edge of a slip, or metal corner of a steel, on the sharp edge of a wooden shelf, and create a fresh ding, visible under the microscope, as how some collectors here seem to inspect their copies.
Compare that to how @BatOutOfHell described his slip, 'taking most of the damage', I'm sure many collectors would freak out, looking at what he got.
Mine arrive usually similarly banged up on corners, even in cardboard boxes via 3-day DHL courier. I stopped minding that in 2001.
Some people, and shops, don't understand collectors, and how 'precious' these releases are to us, but some customers are getting upset over nothing.
Come on - the steelbook is damaged, and that inside the Full-Slip (still don´t know ho they got this done) and a scratch goes over the face and the dent is also not nice. No go for me. It´s a total damage and it´s not my problem, that it is normal for you to get a damaged article. I usually buy from Austrian movie-shops, that care for their products and the customer (that what Amazon advertises haha) and the CEs come well protected with extra bubblewrap and thick envelope/carton. Nearly none of the articles are damaged there, This is normal to me and I take protective sleeves to keep all CEs protected well, but that doesn´t make sense when it is damaged from the beginning. Anyway - that I´m disappointed has in this case much to do with the fact, that I´m not not living in Italy, from where I could send it back more easy and get a replacement. So I have to sell it on E-bay what is equal to the costs I have when sending it back, but it´s also not so easy to sell the damaged one.

Last edited:
Come on - the steelbook is damaged, and that inside the Full-Slip (still don´t know ho they got this done) and a scratch goes over the face and the dent is also not nice. No go for me.

Well, if there's an actual scratch, a long one to boot, and a dent, then of course. It's just that none of it is on those 2 photos, that's all. :sick: