Insidious (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: Nov 30 , 2018
Purchase links: 1 Click - Full Slip - Lenti - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order on Nov 9 at 10 PM Korea Time, UTC+9).
Price: $34.99 (Quarter Slip) - $35.99 (Full Slip) - $36.99 (Lenti) - $124.99 (Box set)
Notes: Full Slip 600 copies - Lenti 600 copies - Quarter Slip 400 copies - Box set 300 copies
44853536_1455568407880260_6480452922009190400_o.jpg43614896_1455568214546946_5158002181986582528_o.jpg43624217_1455568224546945_4343070796571213824_o.jpg44743023_1455568394546928_1389308541709320192_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are three problems that arise from selecting films from trilogies for release as part of exclusive steelbook lines.

First of all, if the movie is part of a trilogy then the question is, will Nova release the other two to match the first one, Insidious and Taken and both trilogies so would be odd for them not to release the other two movies from either franchise especially as people are completionists in this game.

Second problem, which is an extension of the first point, most trilogies are almost all guaranteed to have atleast one crap film. I personally thought both sequels to Taken and Insidious were trash so if you collect all the Nova releases then you're gonna be paying premium money for crap movies. Some people will buy crap sequels just to "have the set" so to speak.

Third and finally, Nova only brings an exclusive release out every couple of months. You're likely only going to get around 4 releases a year and if they do the sequel releases to these movies or potentially any other future franchises then you're looking at A) a long wait to complete the set and B) a long wait for new individual exclusive film releases as alot of the release schedule will be filled with the Taken and Insidious sequels for example.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
There are three problems that arise from selecting films from trilogies for release as part of exclusive steelbook lines.

First of all, if the movie is part of a trilogy then the question is, will Nova release the other two to match the first one, Insidious and Taken and both trilogies so would be odd for them not to release the other two movies from either franchise especially as people are completionists in this game.

Second problem, which is an extension of the first point, most trilogies are almost all guaranteed to have atleast one crap film. I personally thought both sequels to Taken and Insidious were trash so if you collect all the Nova releases then you're gonna be paying premium money for crap movies. Some people will buy crap sequels just to "have the set" so to speak.

Third and finally, Nova only brings an exclusive release out every couple of months. You're likely only going to get around 4 releases a year and if they do the sequel releases to these movies or potentially any other future franchises then you're looking at A) a long wait to complete the set and B) a long wait for new individual exclusive film releases as alot of the release schedule will be filled with the Taken and Insidious sequels for example.
In the case of Insidious vs Taken it's even worse as Insidious is more than a trilogy, and then on top of that it's part of a greater universe of films.

Tbh, just thinking about selling my whole Nova exclusive set, maybe keep the John Wicks. As a lenti collect, the jump from O ring to full slip didn't feel good as I have half in one style and a load of full slip ones now

hmm shame as I love the flick but not feeling any of the slips including the steelbook... the bot image is too repetitive even on the boxset, still might settle for the 1/4 slip but will see.

Nova bring back classic flicks like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and then will game...

If the eyes on the lenti transition to the scratched out look of the Canadian slip cover, I think that will be cool. I'm in for this no doubt, just not sure which one or ones yet.

I was excited about this Title. Now that I have seen the Visuals I am disappointed.
Although Finishes and Textures will be Great, the Artworks are left to be desired.
Dislike when they put Quotes on Slips(it's not a freakin' advertisement for the movie).

Wanted to wait for X-mas sale, but only 1K for international customers got me little nervous, like somebody here already have said, this flick has huge fanbase Im afraid these could sell out soon....

I never see the point in releasing just one out of a franchise like this. If they'd announced the sequels at the same time I'd be all over this, but it'd just look daft on its own and I'm not risking it being a one-off release.

You'd think it'd make sense from a licensing point of view to secure them all at once rather than going through the process potentially 4 separate times.... but then I don't know how it works behind the scenes.

This will definitely sell out. The Insidious franchise is popular and this release will no doubt have the others follow it. I thought this film was great. I am not a fan of the same artwork being used across each version though so I think i'll stick to the lenti only and grab it as a gift for somebody.

I'm feeling like this won't be a quick sell out and will be around for a while.

I appreciate the effort here and maybe it's just me but I seem to be falling out of love of the steelbook collectors game. There are certain lines I wanted to continue including Manta and Novamedia but I don't really want to spend close to £50 delivered for films like Taken and Insidious just to continue collecting a line of releases.

It's nothing against Novamedia, I just can't bring myself to do it these days

Getting a similar feeling myself. Not sure if I burned myself out from purchasing so many and need a break, or if it's more than that. I'll give it some time and see if my feelings change. If they don't I may just sell all my new/unopened sets, around 250 of them, and move on. If I do, it was fun while it lasted!

Reactions: Covcraig